'Once Upon a Time' Casts Georgina Haig as Elsa of 'Frozen'
"Once Upon a Time" has found its Elsa in Aussie star Georgina Haig ("Fringe", "Reckless"). The 28-year-old actress is confirmed to play the Snow Queen who was voiced by Idina Menzel in the recent film version.
Executive producer Edward Kitsis told THR in May, "[What] we loved so much about the character of Elsa was that she was considered a villain but she never really was. She was misunderstood. That, on our show, speaks to us so strongly, that it was a toy we had to play with."
Other "Frozen (2013)" characters who will appear in the upcoming season of the ABC fairytale series are Anna and Kristoff. Newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play the former, and "Greek" alum Scott Michael Foster will portray the latter.
Anna is Elsa's younger sister who was voiced by Kristen Bell, while Kristoff is the rugged mountain loner who is smitten by Anna. He was voiced by Jonathan Groff in the Disney movie.
- Ex 'Apprentice' Contestant Files Defamation Lawsuit Against Trump for Denying Sexual Assault Claims
- Gigi Hadid Sparks Zayn Malik Engagement Rumors With New Ring on That Finger
- Jennifer Lawrence Is Seen Filming 'Red Sparrow' in Budapest
- Jerry Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee' Moves to Netflix
- Liam Payne Offers Fan a Date With Him in Malibu. Find Out How to Win the Special Prize
- Angelina Jolie Receives Heartfelt Plea From Zahara's Biological Mom to Reconnect With Daughter
- Fiona Apple Releases New Anti-Trump Track 'Tiny Hands'
- Donald Trump Tweets Wrong Ivanka. Find Out How She Reacts