'Once Upon a Time' Casts Georgina Haig as Elsa of 'Frozen'
"Once Upon a Time" has found its Elsa in Aussie star Georgina Haig ("Fringe", "Reckless"). The 28-year-old actress is confirmed to play the Snow Queen who was voiced by Idina Menzel in the recent film version.
Executive producer Edward Kitsis told THR in May, "[What] we loved so much about the character of Elsa was that she was considered a villain but she never really was. She was misunderstood. That, on our show, speaks to us so strongly, that it was a toy we had to play with."
Other "Frozen (2013)" characters who will appear in the upcoming season of the ABC fairytale series are Anna and Kristoff. Newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play the former, and "Greek" alum Scott Michael Foster will portray the latter.
Anna is Elsa's younger sister who was voiced by Kristen Bell, while Kristoff is the rugged mountain loner who is smitten by Anna. He was voiced by Jonathan Groff in the Disney movie.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms