'Once Upon a Time' Casts Georgina Haig as Elsa of 'Frozen'
"Once Upon a Time" has found its Elsa in Aussie star Georgina Haig ("Fringe", "Reckless"). The 28-year-old actress is confirmed to play the Snow Queen who was voiced by Idina Menzel in the recent film version.
Executive producer Edward Kitsis told THR in May, "[What] we loved so much about the character of Elsa was that she was considered a villain but she never really was. She was misunderstood. That, on our show, speaks to us so strongly, that it was a toy we had to play with."
Other "Frozen (2013)" characters who will appear in the upcoming season of the ABC fairytale series are Anna and Kristoff. Newcomer Elizabeth Lail will play the former, and "Greek" alum Scott Michael Foster will portray the latter.
Anna is Elsa's younger sister who was voiced by Kristen Bell, while Kristoff is the rugged mountain loner who is smitten by Anna. He was voiced by Jonathan Groff in the Disney movie.
More Once Upon a Time News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival