Knife-Wielding Man Who Threatened to Kill Michael Strahan Is Arrested
A homeless man who threatened to "kill Michael Strahan" was arrested in New York. The scary incident took place on Tuesday morning, July 1. The man reportedly tried to enter ABC Studios where "Good Morning America" is filmed, but he was prevented by a security guard. The knife-wielding man tried to stab the guard during the altercation.
"There was an incident in Times Square," a spokesperson for ABC News, Heather Riley, said in a statement. "An individual lunged at one of our employees and was heroically tackled by a police officer. We understand the man was taken in for psychiatric evaluation. It was a scary situation but thanks to the fast actions of NYPD the situation was quickly under control. Michael was never in any danger."
A source at the studio additionally told Page Six that the incident was so fast that no one around seemed to realize it. Strahan, a former NFL star who is a "GMA" correspondent and a host of "Live! with Kelly and Michael", reportedly only learned of the incident on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the outlet, the knife-wielding man is identified as a 25-year-old Andre Johnson. He was charged with attempted assault as a felony, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!