Knife-Wielding Man Who Threatened to Kill Michael Strahan Is Arrested
A homeless man who threatened to "kill Michael Strahan" was arrested in New York. The scary incident took place on Tuesday morning, July 1. The man reportedly tried to enter ABC Studios where "Good Morning America" is filmed, but he was prevented by a security guard. The knife-wielding man tried to stab the guard during the altercation.
"There was an incident in Times Square," a spokesperson for ABC News, Heather Riley, said in a statement. "An individual lunged at one of our employees and was heroically tackled by a police officer. We understand the man was taken in for psychiatric evaluation. It was a scary situation but thanks to the fast actions of NYPD the situation was quickly under control. Michael was never in any danger."
A source at the studio additionally told Page Six that the incident was so fast that no one around seemed to realize it. Strahan, a former NFL star who is a "GMA" correspondent and a host of "Live! with Kelly and Michael", reportedly only learned of the incident on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the outlet, the knife-wielding man is identified as a 25-year-old Andre Johnson. He was charged with attempted assault as a felony, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie