Knife-Wielding Man Who Threatened to Kill Michael Strahan Is Arrested
A homeless man who threatened to "kill Michael Strahan" was arrested in New York. The scary incident took place on Tuesday morning, July 1. The man reportedly tried to enter ABC Studios where "Good Morning America" is filmed, but he was prevented by a security guard. The knife-wielding man tried to stab the guard during the altercation.
"There was an incident in Times Square," a spokesperson for ABC News, Heather Riley, said in a statement. "An individual lunged at one of our employees and was heroically tackled by a police officer. We understand the man was taken in for psychiatric evaluation. It was a scary situation but thanks to the fast actions of NYPD the situation was quickly under control. Michael was never in any danger."
A source at the studio additionally told Page Six that the incident was so fast that no one around seemed to realize it. Strahan, a former NFL star who is a "GMA" correspondent and a host of "Live! with Kelly and Michael", reportedly only learned of the incident on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the outlet, the knife-wielding man is identified as a 25-year-old Andre Johnson. He was charged with attempted assault as a felony, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart