Knife-Wielding Man Who Threatened to Kill Michael Strahan Is Arrested
A homeless man who threatened to "kill Michael Strahan" was arrested in New York. The scary incident took place on Tuesday morning, July 1. The man reportedly tried to enter ABC Studios where "Good Morning America" is filmed, but he was prevented by a security guard. The knife-wielding man tried to stab the guard during the altercation.
"There was an incident in Times Square," a spokesperson for ABC News, Heather Riley, said in a statement. "An individual lunged at one of our employees and was heroically tackled by a police officer. We understand the man was taken in for psychiatric evaluation. It was a scary situation but thanks to the fast actions of NYPD the situation was quickly under control. Michael was never in any danger."
A source at the studio additionally told Page Six that the incident was so fast that no one around seemed to realize it. Strahan, a former NFL star who is a "GMA" correspondent and a host of "Live! with Kelly and Michael", reportedly only learned of the incident on Tuesday afternoon.
According to the outlet, the knife-wielding man is identified as a 25-year-old Andre Johnson. He was charged with attempted assault as a felony, menacing and criminal possession of a weapon.
- Is Katy Perry Romancing Calvin Harris to Get Back at Taylor Swift?
- Miley Cyrus Makes Liam Hemsworth Jealous Over Her Pampering Sessions With Pet Pig
- 'Bachelorette' Recap: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Help Test the Guys' Husband Skills
- John Boyega Shows Finn's New Weapon in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Bella Thorne Gets Cuddly With Ex Gregg Sulkin After Super Quick Fling With Scott Disick
- Kourtney Kardashian Ready to Introduce Younes Bendjima to Her Family
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean 5' Is Not Hacked, Claims Disney CEO
- Niall Horan Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims, Makes 'On the Loose' TV Debut on 'Today'