Video: Dolly Parton Gives Dazzling Performance at Glastonbury, Denies Lip-Sync Allegation
Dolly Parton wowed the crowd when she graced the stage of Glastonbury, one of the biggest music festivals in the U.K., on Sunday, June 29. The singer, who made her debut at the annual summer event, played her biggest hits for more than 150,000 concertgoers who packed the Worthy Farm in southwest England.
Parton's performance received warm reception from fans who attended the festival, but some viewers who were watching the footage on TV at home accused her of lip-syncing. However, the country star's representative denied the accusation later that day, saying, "No, she sings live. Some people don't know an amazing singer when they hear one."
"Jolene", "Islands in the Stream" and "9 to 5" were among the songs included in Parton's setlist at the Sunday fest. Before her show began, Parton said in a press conference that she had planned to play some of her more upbeat tracks from her extensive back catalog.
"I thought, well, I can't do a bunch of sad, slow songs because everybody is drunk and high and we don't want to bring them down that bad, so there are two or three songs that they have to hear like maybe 'Coat of Many Colors' and a few things that are a part of my whole life and my background," she said. "But we've tried to do a set where we can kind of keep it moving pretty good."
The 68-year-old artist also said she had no plan to quit her music career. "I hope to never retire and I'm up there now and I enjoy every bit of it. I wake up every day with new dreams, so I feel like I'm just starting out," she added.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked