Seth MacFarlane Supports 'Reading Rainbow' Kickstarter by Matching Next $1 Million Pledge
Seth MacFarlane is helping LeVar Burton reach the new $5 million goal of his "Reading Rainbow" Kickstarter. The "Ted" director has promised to match up to $1 million pledges made to the Kickstarter campaign for the next five days.
"Please help me thank my friend, Seth, for his amazing generosity. You can send him some love on Twitter @SethMacFarlane, or post in the comments below, but however you do it, please give him some love," Burton wrote on the website. "With his help, we can make an even bigger difference for an entire generation of kids. That's just huge."
In a video message, he additionally said, "Seth, this donation is going to help us ensure that this next generation is indeed a generation that loves to read. And that's no small thing. You've got deep pockets, baby. But you've got an even bigger heart."
The "Reading Rainbow" Kickstarter campaign was launched by Burton on May 28 and surpassed its initial goal of $1 million in less than 24 hours. He then set a new goal, which is $5 million, so that "Reading Rainbow" can reach more schools in need. The campaign ends Wednesday, July 2. So far, around $4 million has been raised from more than 84,000 backers.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'