Seth MacFarlane Supports 'Reading Rainbow' Kickstarter by Matching Next $1 Million Pledge
Seth MacFarlane is helping LeVar Burton reach the new $5 million goal of his "Reading Rainbow" Kickstarter. The "Ted" director has promised to match up to $1 million pledges made to the Kickstarter campaign for the next five days.
"Please help me thank my friend, Seth, for his amazing generosity. You can send him some love on Twitter @SethMacFarlane, or post in the comments below, but however you do it, please give him some love," Burton wrote on the website. "With his help, we can make an even bigger difference for an entire generation of kids. That's just huge."
In a video message, he additionally said, "Seth, this donation is going to help us ensure that this next generation is indeed a generation that loves to read. And that's no small thing. You've got deep pockets, baby. But you've got an even bigger heart."
The "Reading Rainbow" Kickstarter campaign was launched by Burton on May 28 and surpassed its initial goal of $1 million in less than 24 hours. He then set a new goal, which is $5 million, so that "Reading Rainbow" can reach more schools in need. The campaign ends Wednesday, July 2. So far, around $4 million has been raised from more than 84,000 backers.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music