Family of Katie Cleary's Husband Slams 'False and Hurtful Speculations' About His Suicide
The family of Katie Cleary's late husband Andrew Stern who committed suicide over the weekend is upset about the media attention following the tragedy. In a statement released to media, Stern's family slams "false and hurtful speculations" regarding Stern's relationship with Cleary prior to his death.
"It's extremely upsetting that our family's private tragedy has become public, and we'd like to ask the media to please respect our privacy as we grieve our only son," the statement reads. "This unwanted attention has resulted in several false & hurtful speculations that do not truthfully describe the devoted, unselfish, accomplished & proud man Andrew was."
"Andrew was an adored son, cherished friend, successful businessman, adventurous athlete, passionate animal rights activist & humanitarian. No one is without flaws, but Andrew was a giving & generous spirit who touched so many lives in a positive way. For those of us who loved him, there will never be an answer to 'why?' We choose to honor his memory by remembering how he lived, not how he died," it continues.
Stern passed away due to self-inflicted gunshot wound on Sunday, June 22. A few weeks before his suicide, Cleary, who once competed on "America's Next Top Model", was pictured getting cozy with Leonardo DiCaprio and Adrian Grenier in Cannes. Cleary has denied that the two actors had anything to do with Stern's suicide. The former "Deal or No Deal" model and Stern were in the midst of divorce when he killed himself at a shooting range called The Target Range.
NY Daily News previously reported that Stern tried to kill himself at AIMHI Shooting Range in April. His worried mother Rozanne called 911 and told the dispatcher that her son threatened to commit suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning or gun. According to the 911 recording, staffers at the shooting range turned him away.
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound