North Korea Threatens War on U.S. Over Kim Jong Un Assassination Plot in Seth Rogen's Film
North Korea warns U.S. not to release upcoming comedy "The Interview". The film follows Seth Rogen and James Franco heading to the Asian country and plotting to kill its leader Kim Jong Un, and a spokesperson for the country's foreign ministry calls it "despicable moves to dare hurt the dignity of the supreme leadership."
"Making and releasing a movie on a plot to hurt our top-level leadership is the most blatant act of terrorism and war and will absolutely not be tolerated," the representative said as quoted by KCNA news agency. "If the US administration allows and defends the showing of the film, a merciless counter-measure will be taken."
Directed by "Neighbors" helmer Evan Goldberg and "Neighbors" star Rogen, it follows a talk show host and his producer as they are sent to North Korea to interview the dictator. When they are recruited by CIA and get involved in a plot to assassinate the leader, the duo finds themselves in way over their heads.
The film will hit theaters across the nation on October 10. In a recent interview with Yahoo!, Rogen said he was inspired by journalists' trip to North Korea, "People have the hypothetical discussion about how journalists have access to the world's most dangerous people, and they hypothetically would be in a good situation to assassinate them."
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones