Rick Ross Denies Being Confronted by Angry Mob in Detroit
Rick Ross laughs off reports saying that he's "in fear of his life" after hundreds of haters outside a Detroit venue prevented him from performing at Hot 107.5's Summer Jamz concert. The Maybach Music Group boss told TMZ that he was indeed denied entrance to the gig, saying the gate to the entrance of the facility was locked.
He claimed that he was never confronted by an angry mob, nor was any of MMG members. Rozay added that he felt bad for disappointed fans who left the concert without watching him perform after waiting in line for six hours.
"Somebody is deceiving the people of Detroit like Kwame Kilpatrick did," he said.
Earlier reports suggested that Ross was forced to call off his gig at the Hot 107.5 event on Saturday, June 21 after more than 100 people blocked him from entering Detroit's Chene Park Amphitheater. HOT 107.5's program director, Jay Hicks, then explained Rozay's absence to the crowd.
"We had Rick Ross right outside here tonight," he said. "At about 11 o'clock, when he was pulling up to come into Chene Park, he was met by 100 individuals outside. We have tried to pull every resource together and asked him to come back... He was in fear of his life and he is not performing here tonight."
More Rick Ross News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce