Rick Ross Denies Being Confronted by Angry Mob in Detroit
Rick Ross laughs off reports saying that he's "in fear of his life" after hundreds of haters outside a Detroit venue prevented him from performing at Hot 107.5's Summer Jamz concert. The Maybach Music Group boss told TMZ that he was indeed denied entrance to the gig, saying the gate to the entrance of the facility was locked.
He claimed that he was never confronted by an angry mob, nor was any of MMG members. Rozay added that he felt bad for disappointed fans who left the concert without watching him perform after waiting in line for six hours.
"Somebody is deceiving the people of Detroit like Kwame Kilpatrick did," he said.
Earlier reports suggested that Ross was forced to call off his gig at the Hot 107.5 event on Saturday, June 21 after more than 100 people blocked him from entering Detroit's Chene Park Amphitheater. HOT 107.5's program director, Jay Hicks, then explained Rozay's absence to the crowd.
"We had Rick Ross right outside here tonight," he said. "At about 11 o'clock, when he was pulling up to come into Chene Park, he was met by 100 individuals outside. We have tried to pull every resource together and asked him to come back... He was in fear of his life and he is not performing here tonight."
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala