Rick Ross 'Scared for His Life' After Getting Blocked From Performing in Detroit
Fans were left disappointed after they learned that Rick Ross wouldn't appear at a Detroit show over the weekend. According to new reports, the Maybach Music Group boss was forced to call off the gig after more than 100 people outside of HOT 107.5's Summer Jamz concert at the city's Chene Park Amphitheater blocked him and his entourage from entering the venue.
HOT 107.5's program director, Jay Hicks, then explained Rozay's absence to the crowd. "We had Rick Ross right outside here tonight," he said. "At about 11 o'clock, when he was pulling up to come into Chene Park, he was met by 100 individuals outside. We have tried to pull every resource together and asked him to come back."
"He is in fear of his life," he added. "And he may never come back to Detroit, and that's no bulls**t. This is some real s**t. He was in fear of his life and he is not performing here tonight."
Many assumed that local rapper Trick Trick and his "Goon Squad" were behind the incident. Trick recently released a track called "No Fly Zone" which finds him attempting to ban rappers who don't collaborate with Detroit artists or contribute to the city's hip-hop scene from performing in the Motor City.
After leaving Detroit, Ross addressed the incident on Twitter, writing, "Luv #Detroit I wuz ready to killm 2nite,heard it wuz a peace protest wit picket signs and locked gates haa."
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date