Rick Ross 'Scared for His Life' After Getting Blocked From Performing in Detroit
Fans were left disappointed after they learned that Rick Ross wouldn't appear at a Detroit show over the weekend. According to new reports, the Maybach Music Group boss was forced to call off the gig after more than 100 people outside of HOT 107.5's Summer Jamz concert at the city's Chene Park Amphitheater blocked him and his entourage from entering the venue.
HOT 107.5's program director, Jay Hicks, then explained Rozay's absence to the crowd. "We had Rick Ross right outside here tonight," he said. "At about 11 o'clock, when he was pulling up to come into Chene Park, he was met by 100 individuals outside. We have tried to pull every resource together and asked him to come back."
"He is in fear of his life," he added. "And he may never come back to Detroit, and that's no bulls**t. This is some real s**t. He was in fear of his life and he is not performing here tonight."
Many assumed that local rapper Trick Trick and his "Goon Squad" were behind the incident. Trick recently released a track called "No Fly Zone" which finds him attempting to ban rappers who don't collaborate with Detroit artists or contribute to the city's hip-hop scene from performing in the Motor City.
After leaving Detroit, Ross addressed the incident on Twitter, writing, "Luv #Detroit I wuz ready to killm 2nite,heard it wuz a peace protest wit picket signs and locked gates haa."
More Rick Ross News
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly