Rick Ross 'Scared for His Life' After Getting Blocked From Performing in Detroit
Fans were left disappointed after they learned that Rick Ross wouldn't appear at a Detroit show over the weekend. According to new reports, the Maybach Music Group boss was forced to call off the gig after more than 100 people outside of HOT 107.5's Summer Jamz concert at the city's Chene Park Amphitheater blocked him and his entourage from entering the venue.
HOT 107.5's program director, Jay Hicks, then explained Rozay's absence to the crowd. "We had Rick Ross right outside here tonight," he said. "At about 11 o'clock, when he was pulling up to come into Chene Park, he was met by 100 individuals outside. We have tried to pull every resource together and asked him to come back."
"He is in fear of his life," he added. "And he may never come back to Detroit, and that's no bulls**t. This is some real s**t. He was in fear of his life and he is not performing here tonight."
Many assumed that local rapper Trick Trick and his "Goon Squad" were behind the incident. Trick recently released a track called "No Fly Zone" which finds him attempting to ban rappers who don't collaborate with Detroit artists or contribute to the city's hip-hop scene from performing in the Motor City.
After leaving Detroit, Ross addressed the incident on Twitter, writing, "Luv #Detroit I wuz ready to killm 2nite,heard it wuz a peace protest wit picket signs and locked gates haa."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding