Lana Del Rey Confirms Split From Barrie-James O'Neill
Lana Del Rey is no longer dating Kassidy guitarist Barrie-James O'Neill. The "Shades of Cool" singer has confirmed the split, saying he has "some things with which he has to deal".
"We are currently not together," she said in an interview with Switzerland's 20 Minuten newspaper. "He is a wonderful person. But there are some things with which he has to deal. I will not explain it in detail. This was hard on our relationship, I no longer felt free. We'll see how it goes."
It was reported that O'Neill proposed for her hand in marriage on her 27th birthday on June 21 last year. The couple first sparked the engagement rumor when she was seen wearing a huge diamond ring while house-hunting with O'Neill in Los Angeles a month later.
A few weeks ago she denied the reports that they were getting married. "He has changed me in ways that I didn't expect," she said in an interview. "On the one hand I have everything I've dreamed of in terms of a soul connection, it's almost telepathic. But I would be lying if I said it wasn't difficult. He is a much darker character than most people I've ever met."
However, Del Rey won't rule out getting married and settling down one day. "I'd love to. And I would like to have children. Hopefully it will work out sometime," she said.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger