Lana Del Rey Confirms Split From Barrie-James O'Neill
Lana Del Rey is no longer dating Kassidy guitarist Barrie-James O'Neill. The "Shades of Cool" singer has confirmed the split, saying he has "some things with which he has to deal".
"We are currently not together," she said in an interview with Switzerland's 20 Minuten newspaper. "He is a wonderful person. But there are some things with which he has to deal. I will not explain it in detail. This was hard on our relationship, I no longer felt free. We'll see how it goes."
It was reported that O'Neill proposed for her hand in marriage on her 27th birthday on June 21 last year. The couple first sparked the engagement rumor when she was seen wearing a huge diamond ring while house-hunting with O'Neill in Los Angeles a month later.
A few weeks ago she denied the reports that they were getting married. "He has changed me in ways that I didn't expect," she said in an interview. "On the one hand I have everything I've dreamed of in terms of a soul connection, it's almost telepathic. But I would be lying if I said it wasn't difficult. He is a much darker character than most people I've ever met."
However, Del Rey won't rule out getting married and settling down one day. "I'd love to. And I would like to have children. Hopefully it will work out sometime," she said.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation