Report: Lana Del Rey Engaged to Boyfriend on Her Birthday
Lana Del Rey is secretly engaged to her boyfriend of two years Barrie-James O'Neill. Reports emerged that the "Summertime Sadness" singer accepted O'Neill's proposal on her 27th birthday last June.
The couple first sparked engagement rumor when she was seen wearing a ring with huge diamond on her ring finger while house-hunting with O'Neill in Los Angeles in July last year. Both Us Weekly and Mail Online have reported that they are indeed engaged, but rep of the singer is yet to comment.
Del Rey and O'Neill, who plays guitar and sings in Scottish band Kassidy, started dating in 2011. "They make a very unlikely couple but they seem to work, and bounce really well off one another," a source told the Daily Mirror at the time. O'Neill was Del Rey's onscreen love interest on her video of "Summer Wine" which was released in April.
She is due to release another album titled "Ultraviolence" later this year. She tweeted about the album, "It is absolutely gorgeous - darker then the first - so dark it's almost unlistenable and wrong. But I love it." She added later, "And don't worry you will love Ultra - it's so wrong and exquisite."
More Lana Del Rey News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7