'Game of Thrones' Alum Lands Killer Role on NBC's 'Aquarius'
NBC's "Aquarius" has found its Charles Manson. Gethin Anthony, known for playing Renly Baratheon on HBO's "Game of Thrones", will tackle the role of the real-life criminal on the 13-episode miniseries, a representative for the network has confirmed.
The 30-year-old English actor will star opposite David Duchovny who is cast as Det. Hodiak, an LAPD sergeant in 1960s who is investigating a then-unknown Manson. The murderer, described as the "archetypal Authentic Hippie Freak" on the show, is also a budding cult leader trying to lure vulnerable women to join his "cause."
The event series has also taped "Friday Night Lights" alum Grey Damon and former "Bunheads" star Emma Dumont to join the cast. The former will play Hodiak's new partner who goes undercover to learn more about Manson. According to TVLine, the two detectives "are well-matched in their maverick methods and savvy instincts."
Dumont, meanwhile, will be seen as Emma Karn, one of the women recruited by Manson to join his ranks. "But his interest in her may be far beyond the merely sexual. In fact, he may have embroiled her father in a far-reaching conspiracy."
No premiere date is announced for the miniseries. The project reunites Duchovny and Greenblatt, who have previously worked together in "The X-Files" and "Californication".
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers