'Game of Thrones' Alum Lands Killer Role on NBC's 'Aquarius'
NBC's "Aquarius" has found its Charles Manson. Gethin Anthony, known for playing Renly Baratheon on HBO's "Game of Thrones", will tackle the role of the real-life criminal on the 13-episode miniseries, a representative for the network has confirmed.
The 30-year-old English actor will star opposite David Duchovny who is cast as Det. Hodiak, an LAPD sergeant in 1960s who is investigating a then-unknown Manson. The murderer, described as the "archetypal Authentic Hippie Freak" on the show, is also a budding cult leader trying to lure vulnerable women to join his "cause."
The event series has also taped "Friday Night Lights" alum Grey Damon and former "Bunheads" star Emma Dumont to join the cast. The former will play Hodiak's new partner who goes undercover to learn more about Manson. According to TVLine, the two detectives "are well-matched in their maverick methods and savvy instincts."
Dumont, meanwhile, will be seen as Emma Karn, one of the women recruited by Manson to join his ranks. "But his interest in her may be far beyond the merely sexual. In fact, he may have embroiled her father in a far-reaching conspiracy."
No premiere date is announced for the miniseries. The project reunites Duchovny and Greenblatt, who have previously worked together in "The X-Files" and "Californication".
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie