New Lawsuit Filed Over Michael Jackson 'Hologram' Show
Prior to the 2014 Billboard Music Awards last month, Hologram USA attempted to halt Michael Jackson's "hologram" performance. Its owner Alki David claimed that the show would infringe patented hologram technology that he had exclusively licensed.
The performance happened as planned, but the problems behind it are apparently still far from over. According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, Pulse Evolution, which worked with Billboard to produce the performance, has now filed a $10 million lawsuit against David.
In the suit filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on Thursday, June 19, the company calls David a "charlatan who had no involvement whatsoever in the development of the Michael Jackson animation."
Pulse also states in its complaint that David "falsely claimed credit for creating and developing the visual effects spectacle in a nationally-televised interview on CNN, in press releases and on his various websites operated by his company, FilmOn."
Additionally, Pulse denies that Jackson's appearance at the show was a hologram. "This mischaracterization of the [Michael Jackson] animation as a hologram highlights David's complete lack of technical expertise and involvement in the creation and development of the Michael Jackson Animation, insofar as the virtual Michael Jackson appearing at the Billboard Award Show was not a hologram at all, rather, it was an animation projected onto a screen," they say.
"This distinction is lost on David, because he is nothing more than a fraud claiming credit for Pulse Entertainment's animation," they add.
More Michael Jackson News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?