New Lawsuit Filed Over Michael Jackson 'Hologram' Show
Prior to the 2014 Billboard Music Awards last month, Hologram USA attempted to halt Michael Jackson's "hologram" performance. Its owner Alki David claimed that the show would infringe patented hologram technology that he had exclusively licensed.
The performance happened as planned, but the problems behind it are apparently still far from over. According to a new report from The Hollywood Reporter, Pulse Evolution, which worked with Billboard to produce the performance, has now filed a $10 million lawsuit against David.
In the suit filed in U.S. District Court in Los Angeles on Thursday, June 19, the company calls David a "charlatan who had no involvement whatsoever in the development of the Michael Jackson animation."
Pulse also states in its complaint that David "falsely claimed credit for creating and developing the visual effects spectacle in a nationally-televised interview on CNN, in press releases and on his various websites operated by his company, FilmOn."
Additionally, Pulse denies that Jackson's appearance at the show was a hologram. "This mischaracterization of the [Michael Jackson] animation as a hologram highlights David's complete lack of technical expertise and involvement in the creation and development of the Michael Jackson Animation, insofar as the virtual Michael Jackson appearing at the Billboard Award Show was not a hologram at all, rather, it was an animation projected onto a screen," they say.
"This distinction is lost on David, because he is nothing more than a fraud claiming credit for Pulse Entertainment's animation," they add.
More Michael Jackson News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3