Matthew McConaughey Likely Won't Return for 'Magic Mike' Sequel
Matthew McConaughey may not return for the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel. Gabriel Iglesias, who played a strip club DJ and drug dealer in the first installment back in 2012, dropped the bomb in a new interview with Dish Nation.
"Word has it Matthew is probably not going to be involved in this one," Iglesias dished on. "Because he's worth a lot of money...," he explained. "That whole Oscar thing, the nerve right?" referring to McConaughey's Best Actor win this year.
Of the possible plot, Iglesias opened up, "All they're telling me -- because they haven't shown me the whole script yet -- is that they're taking the show on the road...so something tells me it's not going to be shot in Florida like the last one."
The original starred such hunks as McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, Channing Tatum, and Joe Manganiello. "I think everyone's gonna be back, I think. Obviously no one's deals are done which is always kind of scary," Tatum previously said.
"Magic Mike XXL" is confirmed to make its way out in theaters across the United States on July 3, 2015, just in time for the national holiday on Independence Day. Sitting at the helm is Greg Jacobs who is a frequent creative partner of Steven Soderbergh who directed the first film.
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors