Matthew McConaughey Likely Won't Return for 'Magic Mike' Sequel
Matthew McConaughey may not return for the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel. Gabriel Iglesias, who played a strip club DJ and drug dealer in the first installment back in 2012, dropped the bomb in a new interview with Dish Nation.
"Word has it Matthew is probably not going to be involved in this one," Iglesias dished on. "Because he's worth a lot of money...," he explained. "That whole Oscar thing, the nerve right?" referring to McConaughey's Best Actor win this year.
Of the possible plot, Iglesias opened up, "All they're telling me -- because they haven't shown me the whole script yet -- is that they're taking the show on the road...so something tells me it's not going to be shot in Florida like the last one."
The original starred such hunks as McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, Channing Tatum, and Joe Manganiello. "I think everyone's gonna be back, I think. Obviously no one's deals are done which is always kind of scary," Tatum previously said.
"Magic Mike XXL" is confirmed to make its way out in theaters across the United States on July 3, 2015, just in time for the national holiday on Independence Day. Sitting at the helm is Greg Jacobs who is a frequent creative partner of Steven Soderbergh who directed the first film.
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson