Matthew McConaughey Likely Won't Return for 'Magic Mike' Sequel
Matthew McConaughey may not return for the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel. Gabriel Iglesias, who played a strip club DJ and drug dealer in the first installment back in 2012, dropped the bomb in a new interview with Dish Nation.
"Word has it Matthew is probably not going to be involved in this one," Iglesias dished on. "Because he's worth a lot of money...," he explained. "That whole Oscar thing, the nerve right?" referring to McConaughey's Best Actor win this year.
Of the possible plot, Iglesias opened up, "All they're telling me -- because they haven't shown me the whole script yet -- is that they're taking the show on the road...so something tells me it's not going to be shot in Florida like the last one."
The original starred such hunks as McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, Channing Tatum, and Joe Manganiello. "I think everyone's gonna be back, I think. Obviously no one's deals are done which is always kind of scary," Tatum previously said.
"Magic Mike XXL" is confirmed to make its way out in theaters across the United States on July 3, 2015, just in time for the national holiday on Independence Day. Sitting at the helm is Greg Jacobs who is a frequent creative partner of Steven Soderbergh who directed the first film.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4