'The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story' Coming to Lifetime on Labor Day
"The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story" TV movie has been greenlit by Lifetime and will premiere on Labor Day. Coming on September 1 this year is an on-set look of the hit series that ran from 1989-1993, loosely based on Dustin Diamond's 2009 tell-all book "Behind the Bell".
The film "delves into the experiences of six unknown young actors placed into the Hollywood spotlight, exposing the challenges of growing up under public scrutiny while trying to maintain the squeaky-clean image of their popular characters both on and off-screen". Lifetime enlisted the help of the original series' casting director Robin Lippin to pick six actors to play the main characters.
She cast Dylan Everett as Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Sam Kindseth as Dustin Diamond, Julian Works as Mario Lopez, Alyssa Lynch as Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, Tiera Skovbye as Elizabeth Berkley, and Taylor Russell McKenzie as Lark Voorhies.
The film is directed by Jason Lepeyre and the teleplay is written by Ron McGee.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video