Kanye West Slams Annie Leibovitz Over Wedding Photo
Kanye West revealed in a recent event that famed photographer Annie Leibovitz bailed on her job to photograph him and Kim Kardashian shortly before their wedding took place. The "College Dropout" rapper talked about his wedding photo at a conference in Cannes on Tuesday, June 17. At the event, West added that he and his reality star wife needed four days to work on their official wedding photo which shows them kissing in front of a wall of roses.
"Let me tell you something about that kiss photo that my girl put up ... this was pissing my girl off during the honeymoon, she was exhausted because we worked on the photo so much because Annie Leibovitz pulled out right before the wedding. I think that she was, like, scared of the idea of celebrity," West said, as reported by Page Six.
"Because Annie pulled out, I was like, 'Okay, I still want my wedding photos to look like Annie Leibovitz,' and we sat there and worked on that photo for, like, four days because the flowers were off-color," he continued.
"Can you imagine telling someone who wants to just Instagram a photo, who's the No. 1 person on Instagram, 'We need to work on the color of the flower wall,' or the idea that it's a Givenchy dress, and it's not about the name Givenchy, it's about the talent that is Riccardo Tisci - and how important Kim is to the Internet," the father of one added.
West and Kardashian now can be happy that the wedding photo became the most liked post on Instagram. Uploaded to the "Keeping Up with the Kardashians" star's account a few days after their May wedding, the snap has so far garnered 2.29 million likes.
More Kanye West News
- Brad Pitt Is Cocky General in Teaser for Netflix's 'War Machine'
- Oprah Winfrey Considers Running for President, Thanks to Donald Trump
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo