Miley Cyrus Is Granted Extended Restraining Order Against Obsessive Fan
Miley Cyrus finally could take a deep breath after getting a permanent restraining order against Devon Meek, a fan who threatened to kill himself if he could not meet her, on June 16. According to the court order, Devon must keep a distance of 100 yards from Miley for three years and he is also banned to go near any venues where she's performing.
Devon was arrested by LAPD Threat Management Unit near the "Wrecking Ball" singer's house in Los Angeles on May 16. Miley's lawyer filed an emergency restraining order last month, and earned the permanent order of protection on Monday.
Devon has been taking a treatment at the hospital after being put under a 5150 involuntary psychiatric hold. Previously, he stated that Miley was talking to him through the radio and claimed that the "Hannah Montana: The Movie" star "adores" him in one of her songs. He then asked the police to shoot his head if he could not meet her.
An insider previously claimed, "Mr Meek stated that when he is released from the hospital, he will not stop seeking Ms Cyrus and that he will continue to go to Ms Cyrus' residence until Ms Cyrus accepts him or he dies."
Miley recently announced to bring her "Bangerz" world tour to Australia which will begin in October.
More Miley Cyrus News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen