Maroon 5 Premieres New Single 'Maps'
Maroon 5's anticipated new single, "Maps", finally made its debut on Monday, June 16. The track has been confirmed as the lead cut off the band's upcoming fifth studio album, aptly titled "V", that's scheduled to be released on September 2.
"Maps" is a mid-tempo pop track with catchy lyrics and frontman Adam Levine's signature falsetto. "But I wonder where were you/ When I was at my worst/ Down on my knees/ And you said you had my back/ So I wonder where were you," he sings. "All the roads you took came back to me/ So I'm following the map that leads to you/ The map that leads to you/ Ain't nothing I can do."
Following the song's premiere, Levine talked about the track in an interview with Ryan Seacrest. He said that "Maps" was not only about a broken relationship. "It's complicated," he said. "It's also kind of not giving up on things too. People go through a lot of things and get stepped on and step on others and we all make mistakes ... It's kind of more about not giving up on something, even though maybe you should."
In the interview, Levine also revealed why he's so excited about his band's new album. "It's kind of everything we've ever done as a band musically. It's kind of all of those things on this album. It's what we used to sound like, it's what we sound like now, it's what we want to sound like tomorrow. It's all those elements all combined to make one, I think, really great album," he explained.
He also confirmed that fellow "The Voice" coach Gwen Stefani would make a guest appearance in the record. "I wanted it to be a surprise, but she is [making a guest appearance in 'V']," he said.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video