Tracy Morgan Upgraded to 'Fair Condition' After Car Crash
Tracy Morgan has shown "a great improvement" after being severely injured in a car crash on the New Jersey Turnpike on June 7. The comedian's representative Lewis Kay sent a statement to media on Monday, June 16 to give an update on Morgan's condition, saying that his doctors have upgraded him to "fair condition."
"Happy to pass along that Tracy has been upgraded to fair condition, which is a great improvement," the statement read. "His personality is certainly starting to come back as well." Morgan and two other passengers, Jeff Millea and Ardie Fuqua Jr., were in critical condition after the crash which killed comedian James McNair. According to the Monday statement, Millea was also upgraded to fair condition.
Morgan and his friends were going home when a Wal-Mart truck hit their car from behind and caused a chain reaction crash. The truck driver Kevin Roper, who reportedly had been awake for more than 24 hours before the crash took place, pleaded not guilty to one count of vehicular homicide and assault by auto against four individuals during his appearance on Middlesex County Superior Court in New Brunswick, New Jersey on June 11.
Morgan's project is put on hold as he recovers from the injuries. In April, FXX ordered 10 episodes of "The Untitled Tracy Morgan Project" and planned to start production in August for a 2015 release date, but they announced in statement that Morgan's health would be their priority.
"At the point when Tracy has recovered and decides that he is ready to go back to work, his show will be waiting for him. Right now our thoughts and prayers remain with Tracy, the other victims of the accident and their families," the statement read.
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'
- Did Geoff Johns Just Confirm That Armie Hammer Would Play Green Lantern in DC Movies?
- Inside Kanye West's Music Comeback Plans Following Hospitalization
- Kendall Jenner Isn't Happy About That Rolls-Royce for Her Birthday? Here's Why
- Mariah Carey Can't Wear Her Shoes Alone in New Promo for 'Mariah's World'