George Clooney's Ex Elisabetta Canalis Opens Up on Recent Miscarriage
George Clooney's ex Elisabetta Canalis revealed a personal tragedy in a blog, detailing her heartbreak after suffering a miscarriage. The 35-year-old was expecting her first child with boyfriend Brian Perry this fall, but that is no longer the case.
In a Friday, June 13 post on WhoSay, Canalis wrote a lengthy message in Italian. "Unfortunately, life gives you...a reality that you do not expect, and that is very hard to accept, even if you think you are strong enough and prepared," she wrote in the English translation. "You're never really ready to be told that there is no more beating [heartbeat] and that it had already stopped long ago."
The ordeal had her thinking about other women who experienced the same thing. "I just want to say to all those women who are going through it to stay strong," she wrote. "Life goes on and it is nobody's fault and nature acts in incomprehensible ways. We can only accept it. I just want to say that I feel you close, if you are suffering as I am doing. We can't deny it, it's like an incessant sorrow you can't get rid of."
Canalis also thanked Perri for being her rock. "I know I'm lucky because I have a special man next to me that I wish all to have," she wrote. "The future is full of surprises and happiness and there's a lot of hope, I keep on believing in it."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death