Starz Renews 50 Cent's 'Power' for Season 2
Starz has given a vote of confidence to its rookie "Power". The 50 Cent-executive produced drama series has been renewed for a second season by the cable network, less than a week after it premiered on June 7.
"I am so grateful to Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and everyone at Starz for their support of Power," series creator Courtney Kemp Agboh says in a statement. "I am thrilled and excited to have the opportunity to create a season two that we plan to be bigger and better than the first."
Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson adds, " 'Power' is a project extremely close to my heart and working with Chris Albrecht, Carmi Zlotnik and the Starz team has been the perfect fit for this. Viewers may be loving the start of season one now, but season two will blow them away."
Led by Omari Hardwick, the drama follows James "Ghost" St. Patrick who has a beautiful wife, a gorgeous Manhattan penthouse and the hottest, up-and-coming new nightclub in New York. His club, Truth, caters to the elite: the famous and infamous boldface names that run the city that never sleeps.
As its success grows, so do Ghost's plans to build an empire. However, Truth hides an ugly reality. It's a front for Ghost's criminal underworld; a lucrative drug network, serving only the wealthy and powerful.
The first episode attracted 1.27 million viewers after three Saturday night airings.
Production for the 10-episode second season will kick off in September in and around New York.
More Power News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3