Trailer for WGN's Period Drama 'Manhattan' Reveals the 'Biggest Secret in History'
The first full trailer for WGN America's new scripted series "Manhattan" has landed online for viewing pleasure. Packed with intense scenes, it highlights "the most explosive secrets" in history, which is the building of the world's first atomic bomb in what is known as the Manhattan Project.
Politics, secrets, family and lust dominate the footage and stir the emotions of the characters. "Whatever we're doing here, please tell me it's worth it," a woman asks her spouse toward the end of the video.
Marking the second original series from WGN America after "Salem", "Manhattan" is a period drama set in the 1940s in Los Alamos, N.M. It focuses on Frank Winter (John Benjamin Hickey) and his team of brilliant but flawed scientists who have been recruited to work on a project even they could know nothing about until their arrival.
Daniel Stern plays Glen Babbit who mentors the younger scientists and helps them navigate the political minefield of Los Alamos. Harry Lloy, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnaha, Olivia Williams, Christopher Denham and Katja Herbers also star on the series, which is set to debut July 27 at 9/8c.
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21