Trailer for WGN's Period Drama 'Manhattan' Reveals the 'Biggest Secret in History'
The first full trailer for WGN America's new scripted series "Manhattan" has landed online for viewing pleasure. Packed with intense scenes, it highlights "the most explosive secrets" in history, which is the building of the world's first atomic bomb in what is known as the Manhattan Project.
Politics, secrets, family and lust dominate the footage and stir the emotions of the characters. "Whatever we're doing here, please tell me it's worth it," a woman asks her spouse toward the end of the video.
Marking the second original series from WGN America after "Salem", "Manhattan" is a period drama set in the 1940s in Los Alamos, N.M. It focuses on Frank Winter (John Benjamin Hickey) and his team of brilliant but flawed scientists who have been recruited to work on a project even they could know nothing about until their arrival.
Daniel Stern plays Glen Babbit who mentors the younger scientists and helps them navigate the political minefield of Los Alamos. Harry Lloy, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnaha, Olivia Williams, Christopher Denham and Katja Herbers also star on the series, which is set to debut July 27 at 9/8c.
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness
- Charlie Hunnam Is Facing His Destiny in 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword' Latest Epic Trailer
- Watch Lana Del Rey Fly to the Moon in 'Love' Music Video
- Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose Are Batman and Batgirl at Son's 4th Birthday Bash
- Back Together? Ellie Goulding Attends London Fashion Week Parties With Ex Dougie Poynter
- 'Supergirl' 2.14 Preview: Kara and Alex's Father Is Back