Trailer for WGN's Period Drama 'Manhattan' Reveals the 'Biggest Secret in History'
The first full trailer for WGN America's new scripted series "Manhattan" has landed online for viewing pleasure. Packed with intense scenes, it highlights "the most explosive secrets" in history, which is the building of the world's first atomic bomb in what is known as the Manhattan Project.
Politics, secrets, family and lust dominate the footage and stir the emotions of the characters. "Whatever we're doing here, please tell me it's worth it," a woman asks her spouse toward the end of the video.
Marking the second original series from WGN America after "Salem", "Manhattan" is a period drama set in the 1940s in Los Alamos, N.M. It focuses on Frank Winter (John Benjamin Hickey) and his team of brilliant but flawed scientists who have been recruited to work on a project even they could know nothing about until their arrival.
Daniel Stern plays Glen Babbit who mentors the younger scientists and helps them navigate the political minefield of Los Alamos. Harry Lloy, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnaha, Olivia Williams, Christopher Denham and Katja Herbers also star on the series, which is set to debut July 27 at 9/8c.
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles