Trailer for WGN's Period Drama 'Manhattan' Reveals the 'Biggest Secret in History'
The first full trailer for WGN America's new scripted series "Manhattan" has landed online for viewing pleasure. Packed with intense scenes, it highlights "the most explosive secrets" in history, which is the building of the world's first atomic bomb in what is known as the Manhattan Project.
Politics, secrets, family and lust dominate the footage and stir the emotions of the characters. "Whatever we're doing here, please tell me it's worth it," a woman asks her spouse toward the end of the video.
Marking the second original series from WGN America after "Salem", "Manhattan" is a period drama set in the 1940s in Los Alamos, N.M. It focuses on Frank Winter (John Benjamin Hickey) and his team of brilliant but flawed scientists who have been recruited to work on a project even they could know nothing about until their arrival.
Daniel Stern plays Glen Babbit who mentors the younger scientists and helps them navigate the political minefield of Los Alamos. Harry Lloy, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnaha, Olivia Williams, Christopher Denham and Katja Herbers also star on the series, which is set to debut July 27 at 9/8c.
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart