Trailer for WGN's Period Drama 'Manhattan' Reveals the 'Biggest Secret in History'
The first full trailer for WGN America's new scripted series "Manhattan" has landed online for viewing pleasure. Packed with intense scenes, it highlights "the most explosive secrets" in history, which is the building of the world's first atomic bomb in what is known as the Manhattan Project.
Politics, secrets, family and lust dominate the footage and stir the emotions of the characters. "Whatever we're doing here, please tell me it's worth it," a woman asks her spouse toward the end of the video.
Marking the second original series from WGN America after "Salem", "Manhattan" is a period drama set in the 1940s in Los Alamos, N.M. It focuses on Frank Winter (John Benjamin Hickey) and his team of brilliant but flawed scientists who have been recruited to work on a project even they could know nothing about until their arrival.
Daniel Stern plays Glen Babbit who mentors the younger scientists and helps them navigate the political minefield of Los Alamos. Harry Lloy, Ashley Zukerman, Rachel Brosnaha, Olivia Williams, Christopher Denham and Katja Herbers also star on the series, which is set to debut July 27 at 9/8c.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!