Shailene Woodley Wanted to Quit Acting, Freaked Out Over 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Cut-Off
Shailene Woodley rose to stardom after starring in "The Descendants", but she almost couldn't handle the pressure of being in the spotlight. In an interview for the latest issue of Vanity Fair, the movie starlet admitted that she considered to quit acting post the critically-acclaimed drama starring George Clooney.
"Somebody came to me and said, 'I can't wait to see what you do next.' I took that as pressure - that I had to live up to somebody else's expectations," the 22-year-old star said. "There were a few months where I was like, 'I don't want to act anymore.' And then I got over it and realized it's none of my business what other people think of me."
She also confessed that she initially freaked out when first finding out that her Mary Jane role in "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" was cut out. "For a few hours it was literally like, 'Oh, my God, was I awful? Why did they cut me? What are people going to think?' I woke up the next morning and I was like, 'O.K., it makes total sense.' I'm a pretty spiritual person, so I can just sit back and trust that everything happens for a reason, even if my ego doesn't like it."
Besides getting overwhelmed by the attention she got, Woodley also found most Hollywood actors being "d*cks." "I love acting, but I also really love nature and most actors don't want to get dirty," so she said. She, however, had nothing but good words for Miles Teller, her co-star in "The Spectacular Now" and "Divergent". "I look at Miles and, like, I'm sort of Julia Roberts in the same way she is to George. Their relationship I could see being our relationship in 20 years, and that really is special," she gushed.
Woodley also praised her "Descendants" fellow castmate George Clooney. "He has been an angel in my life for many reasons," she said. "He knew everyone's name on set." The actress added, "He treated everyone as an equal and everyone got his warmth." George also spoke fondly of her, "We'll be talking about Shailene Woodley 40 years from now. I've never seen anyone so young that has so much together."
More Shailene Woodley News
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Violent Season 7 Premiere