'Harry Potter' Star Michael Gambon Tapped for 'The Casual Vacancy' Miniseries
The cast members of HBO/BBC's adaptation of J.K. Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy" have been announced. EW learns that Michael Gambon who plays Prof. Dumbledore in the final six "Harry Potter" films is set to play one of the key characters named Howard Mollison, the leader of the Parish Council in a quiet English village Pagford.
Keeley Hawes ("Line of Duty) stars as Samantha Mollison, Julia McKenzie ("Notes on a Scandal") as Shirley Mollison, Rory Kinnear ("Skyfall") as Barry Fairbrother, Simon McBurney ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") as Colin "Chubby" Wall, Richard Glover ("Sightseers") as Simon Price, and Marie Chritchley ("In the Flesh") as Ruth Price.
Pagford is a seemingly idyllic English village whose history and quaintness are balanced only by its citizens' duplicitous nature. After the death of Councilor Barry Fairbrother, a war breaks out before the election for his successor takes place. Those running for a place soon find their darkest secrets revealed on the Parish Council online forum, ruining their campaign and leaving the election in turmoil.
Jonny Campbell ("In the Flesh") serves as a director for the three-part miniseries, while Sarah Phelps ("EastEnders) is tapped to write the script. Other cast members include Monica Dolan, Abigail Lawrie, Rufus Jones, Keeley Forsyth, and Michelle Austin. More will be announced soon as production is set to begin this summer.
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit