'Harry Potter' Star Michael Gambon Tapped for 'The Casual Vacancy' Miniseries
The cast members of HBO/BBC's adaptation of J.K. Rowling's "The Casual Vacancy" have been announced. EW learns that Michael Gambon who plays Prof. Dumbledore in the final six "Harry Potter" films is set to play one of the key characters named Howard Mollison, the leader of the Parish Council in a quiet English village Pagford.
Keeley Hawes ("Line of Duty) stars as Samantha Mollison, Julia McKenzie ("Notes on a Scandal") as Shirley Mollison, Rory Kinnear ("Skyfall") as Barry Fairbrother, Simon McBurney ("Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy") as Colin "Chubby" Wall, Richard Glover ("Sightseers") as Simon Price, and Marie Chritchley ("In the Flesh") as Ruth Price.
Pagford is a seemingly idyllic English village whose history and quaintness are balanced only by its citizens' duplicitous nature. After the death of Councilor Barry Fairbrother, a war breaks out before the election for his successor takes place. Those running for a place soon find their darkest secrets revealed on the Parish Council online forum, ruining their campaign and leaving the election in turmoil.
Jonny Campbell ("In the Flesh") serves as a director for the three-part miniseries, while Sarah Phelps ("EastEnders) is tapped to write the script. Other cast members include Monica Dolan, Abigail Lawrie, Rufus Jones, Keeley Forsyth, and Michelle Austin. More will be announced soon as production is set to begin this summer.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?