Report: Jared Leto Eyed for 'Dr. Strange'
As Scott Derrickson ("Sinister", "Deliver Us from Evil") confirms "Dr. Strange" directing gig, it's revealed that Jared Leto is eyed by Marvel to headline the pic. According to a scoop from Badass Digest, the Oscar winner is among the possible candidates to play Stephen Strange.
Unlike many other superheroes who gained their powers from super serum, gamma radiations or their alien roots, Strange got his from mystical origins. The arrogant and selfish surgeon seeks a conventional healing in Tibet after his hands were damaged in a car accident. He becomes a Sorcerer Supreme a.k.a. Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril.
The character recently got a shout-out in "Captain America: The Winter Soldier". Johnny Depp was previously linked to portray the former surgeon in the comic book adaptation, but the rumor was conflicted with denial.
Leto himself is fresh off his brilliant portrayal as a transgender woman in "Dallas Buyers Club", four years since his major role in "Mr. Nobody". He won Best Supporting Actor at the 86th annual Academy Awards this year. Of his next film, Leto once said, "I'm looking at scripts and reading scripts."
"Which is interesting because I didn't read scripts for years before 'Dallas Buyers Club'," he told the Associated Press. "But now you have opportunities to work with people that you really respect or admire, people whose work has been inspiring and influential."
The 30 Seconds to Mars frontman also dished on his interest to follow the likes of Ben Affleck who moved from acting to directing, "I think that would be really great. And when I have the right story to tell I'll certainly do that."
More Doctor Strange News
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester