Scott Derrickson Confirms 'Dr. Strange' Directing Job
Although Marvel Studios is yet to let out a word, Scott Derrickson has confirmed the latest reports that he is to direct "Dr. Strange". The director tweeted on late Tuesday, June 3, "My next movie will be STRANGE".
Derrickson also posted a photo of himself holding a copy of the sorcery-wielding superhero comic. Variety was the first to report that Derrickson was in early talks to direct the pic but the studio had made their choice and a deal was imminent.
Derrickson is best known as the director of horror film "Sinister". He also directed "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and the upcoming "Deliver Us from Evil".
A stand-alone pic of Dr. Strange is not a surprise because he had been mentioned in both "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" and "Thor". Kevin Feige is producing the film, which will be executive produced by Louis D'Esposito and Stan Lee, among others. "I very much love Doctor Strange," Feige told NY Daily News in April, adding, "The way that 'Thor', 'Avengers' and now certainly 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tap into that cosmic side, it will be great to go into the world of Doctor Strange and the supernatural realm."
Created by Lee and Steve Ditki in 1963, "Dr. Strange" centers on Stephen Strange who is a former neurosurgeon turned Sorcerer Supreme aka Marvel Universe's greatest protector against magical peril. Release date of the film is yet known.
- Selena Gomez Chops Off Her Hair - See Her New Short Haircut!
- DC to Bring Beast Boy to Life in Live-Action Series 'Titans'
- 'Star Wars Episode IX', 'Indiana Jones 5', 'Frozen 2' Get Release Dates
- Is DC Comedy 'Powerless' Canceled by NBC?
- Seth Rogen and Billy Eichner Join Live-Action 'Lion King'
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?