Ben Foster Reveals His Character in 'Warcraft'
"Warcraft" cast has been announced and the movie has gone into production, but what characters these actors are playing were kept under wraps until now. Ben Foster opens up in an interview with IGN that he will take on the role of Medivh.
"The character in Warcraft that I play is named Medivh," he said. "He's a mage, which is essentially a sorcerer. He came up in a time protecting an area, and the way he protected this area was through magic. As peace returned to this land he took a break. He hung up his staff, so to speak, or let his guns get dusty. We meet him as his friends are returning asking for his help in a battle."
He added, "What's exciting about [director] Duncan Jones' take on this video game is that it shows both sides of the war. It shows both sides of a conflict, which is exciting to me. It's not just a video game turned into a movie. It's asking, hopefully, an important question of, where do we limit our compassion for what we consider to be the bad guys..."
"The way that they're pushing motion-capture -- I just saw some of the test footage -- it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's performance-capture. It pushes it to the next level. It's going to be one helluva 3D event," the actor raved.
Scripted by "Blood Diamond" writer Charles Leavitt based on Blizzard's popular video game, the movie will be supported by Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Robert Kazinsky, Travis Fimmel, and Paula Patton. The big-screen adaptation is set to hit U.S. theaters starting March 11, 2016.
More Warcraft News
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub