Ben Foster Reveals His Character in 'Warcraft'
"Warcraft" cast has been announced and the movie has gone into production, but what characters these actors are playing were kept under wraps until now. Ben Foster opens up in an interview with IGN that he will take on the role of Medivh.
"The character in Warcraft that I play is named Medivh," he said. "He's a mage, which is essentially a sorcerer. He came up in a time protecting an area, and the way he protected this area was through magic. As peace returned to this land he took a break. He hung up his staff, so to speak, or let his guns get dusty. We meet him as his friends are returning asking for his help in a battle."
He added, "What's exciting about [director] Duncan Jones' take on this video game is that it shows both sides of the war. It shows both sides of a conflict, which is exciting to me. It's not just a video game turned into a movie. It's asking, hopefully, an important question of, where do we limit our compassion for what we consider to be the bad guys..."
"The way that they're pushing motion-capture -- I just saw some of the test footage -- it's unlike anything I've ever seen. It's performance-capture. It pushes it to the next level. It's going to be one helluva 3D event," the actor raved.
Scripted by "Blood Diamond" writer Charles Leavitt based on Blizzard's popular video game, the movie will be supported by Dominic Cooper, Toby Kebbell, Robert Kazinsky, Travis Fimmel, and Paula Patton. The big-screen adaptation is set to hit U.S. theaters starting March 11, 2016.
More Warcraft News
- Twitter Users Are Begging Marvel to Give Captain America a Boyfriend
- Amy Schumer Blasts Body Shaming 'Trolls': 'I Think I Look Strong and Healthy'
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary