Melissa Etheridge Marries Linda Wallem in California
Melissa Etheridge finally ties the knot. The Grammy-winning singer wed her longtime partner Linda Wallem, a co-creator of TV series "Nurse Jackie", on Saturday, May 31 at the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito, California, at the foot of the Santa Ynez Mountain range.
"A gorgeous, perfect, beautiful day to get married," Etheridge tweeted. She wore a grey suit while Wallem donned a white dress. During the weekend nuptials, Etheridge sang Wallem a new song that she never performed before and specifically wrote for her partner.
They swapped vows in an intimate outdoor ceremony, two days after celebrating their 53th birthday together. "Linda and I had a great birthday yesterday. Now, just a little rehearsal for something we will be doing tomorrow...," Etheridge captioned a picture of them having a candlelight dinner.
Etheridge's children, 17-year-old Bailey Jean Cypher, 15-year-old Beckett Cypher, and 7-year-old twins Miller Steven Etheridge and Johnnie Rose Etheridge, attended the wedding. Celebrity guests included Jane Lynch, Chelsea Handler, Rosie O'Donnell, Whitney Cummings, Peter Facinelli and Sia Furler.
"It was such a magical moment," one of the attendees told PEOPLE. "The ceremony was such a beautiful start to the night," the guest explained. "The setting was perfect. It was something Melissa and Linda wanted early on. It was as perfect as they envisioned."
Etheridge and Wallem had been friends for a long time before they dated in 2010 after Etheridge split from actress Tammy Lynn Michaels. She announced her plan to marry Wallem after U.S. Supreme Court declared the Defense of Marriage Act and California's Proposition 8 "unconstitutional" last year.
"I look forward to exercising my American civil liberties and getting fully, completely and legally married this year to my true love of over three years, Linda Wallem," she tweeted back then.
Linda and I had a great birthday yesterday. Now, just a little rehearsal for something we will be doing tomorrow...💖 pic.twitter.com/rn3zLyLkbQ— Melissa Etheridge (@metheridge) May 30, 2014
A gorgeous, perfect, beautiful day to get married.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers