People Suddenly Vanish in First 'Left Behind' Trailer
Another apocalypse movie is heading to theaters this Fall. "Left Behind", starring Nicolas Cage as a commercial airline pilot manning his vehicle while a strange global disaster happens, has just released its first trailer.
A small group of survivors are left behind after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is plunged into chaos and destruction. The trailer shows chaos and pandemonium like two planes crossing each other's tracks and a school bus falling off the bridge.
Based on 1995 novel by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, the movie explores a theoretical theological event during which Christians will be taken up to heaven by God before the Earth's destruction. The novel had been adapted to big screen before in 2000's "Left Behind: The Movie", starring Kirk Cameron.
Producer and writer Paul Lalonde was intent on making a bigger movie with better known cast. "The reason to bring 'Left Behind' back is [two-fold]: one is to make it bigger and better, so that we can have a broader reach and a shot at a broader audience," Lalonde told TheBlaze earlier this year. "The first time we did it it was a straight to DVD production."
Directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong, "Left Behind" arrives in U.S. theaters October 3. Chad Michael Murray, Jordin Sparks and Nicky Whelan also star in it.
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor