People Suddenly Vanish in First 'Left Behind' Trailer
Another apocalypse movie is heading to theaters this Fall. "Left Behind", starring Nicolas Cage as a commercial airline pilot manning his vehicle while a strange global disaster happens, has just released its first trailer.
A small group of survivors are left behind after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is plunged into chaos and destruction. The trailer shows chaos and pandemonium like two planes crossing each other's tracks and a school bus falling off the bridge.
Based on 1995 novel by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, the movie explores a theoretical theological event during which Christians will be taken up to heaven by God before the Earth's destruction. The novel had been adapted to big screen before in 2000's "Left Behind: The Movie", starring Kirk Cameron.
Producer and writer Paul Lalonde was intent on making a bigger movie with better known cast. "The reason to bring 'Left Behind' back is [two-fold]: one is to make it bigger and better, so that we can have a broader reach and a shot at a broader audience," Lalonde told TheBlaze earlier this year. "The first time we did it it was a straight to DVD production."
Directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong, "Left Behind" arrives in U.S. theaters October 3. Chad Michael Murray, Jordin Sparks and Nicky Whelan also star in it.
- Oscars 2017: Mahershala Ali, 'Suicide Squad' and 'Fantastic Beasts' Are First Winners
- Report: Britney Spears Is Expecting a Child With Sam Asghari
- New 'Iron Fist' Photos Show Danny Rand in Action, Actor Responds to White-Washing Controversy
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Pregnant With Rob Kardashian's Second Baby
- Future Scores Fourth No. 1 Album With 'Future' on Billboard 200
- Oscars 2017: Felicity Jones, Taraji P. Henson, Chrissy Teigen Stun on Red Carpet
- Selena Gomez Sweetly Calls The Weeknd 'Baby' on Instagram
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24