People Suddenly Vanish in First 'Left Behind' Trailer
Another apocalypse movie is heading to theaters this Fall. "Left Behind", starring Nicolas Cage as a commercial airline pilot manning his vehicle while a strange global disaster happens, has just released its first trailer.
A small group of survivors are left behind after millions of people suddenly vanish and the world is plunged into chaos and destruction. The trailer shows chaos and pandemonium like two planes crossing each other's tracks and a school bus falling off the bridge.
Based on 1995 novel by Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins, the movie explores a theoretical theological event during which Christians will be taken up to heaven by God before the Earth's destruction. The novel had been adapted to big screen before in 2000's "Left Behind: The Movie", starring Kirk Cameron.
Producer and writer Paul Lalonde was intent on making a bigger movie with better known cast. "The reason to bring 'Left Behind' back is [two-fold]: one is to make it bigger and better, so that we can have a broader reach and a shot at a broader audience," Lalonde told TheBlaze earlier this year. "The first time we did it it was a straight to DVD production."
Directed by former stuntman Vic Armstrong, "Left Behind" arrives in U.S. theaters October 3. Chad Michael Murray, Jordin Sparks and Nicky Whelan also star in it.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed