Taylor Swift on New Album: 'It's Already My Favorite Thing'
Taylor Swift's new album is probably still miles away from being released, but fans can expect good things from the follow-up to the singer's chart-topping 2012 LP "Red". The pop/country superstar, who kicked off the Asian leg of her massive "Red" tour on Friday night, May 30, shared some details about her new project during a press conference in Shanghai, China.
She said that she wouldn't add new dates to her world tour, which was launched last year. "We are not going to announce some other leg of the tour, but what that does mean is that I can throw myself into the next project," she said.
"I've already been working very hard on it and it's already my favorite thing that I've ever created. So the idea that after Asia, I get to go back and finish everything and get everything completely done and completely wrapped up for a new project, it's very exciting," she continued.
Swift, who's known for writing songs about her relationships, also revealed that her personal experience would still be the focus of her next album. "As I've grown up, the things I've written about have completely evolved with how I was growing. I was writing songs about what it was like to be 18, what it was like to be 20, what it's like to be 22 and now I'm 24 and I'm still writing songs about my life," she explained.
"I think I really just love the unity it brings me and the audience because chances are they've felt the exact same way I felt when I wrote the song and I think it kind of reminds them - and it reminds me - that the human experience isn't so lonely," she added.
There's still no word on when Swift's new LP will finally arrive. Her last studio effort "Red", which spawned hits like "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", "22" and "I Knew You Were Trouble", peaked at No. 1 on Billboard and managed to stay at the chart's top slot for six non-consecutive weeks.
More Taylor Swift News
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip