Coldplay's 'Ghost Stories' Tops Billboard 200 With 2014's Biggest Sales Week
Coldplay's latest album, "Ghost Stories", has arrived at No. 1 on Billboard 200. Nielsen SoundScan reports that the record, which marks the British act's fourth No. 1 LP on the chart, takes the top slot after selling 383,000 copies in its first week.
That's the biggest sales week for this year, easily surpassing Eric Church's "The Outsiders" that opened with 288,000 back in early February. That is also the largest sales week for any album since Beyonce Knowles' self-titled set "Beyonce" debuted at No. 1 with 617,000 last December.
Next on Billboard 200, Brantley Gilbert's "Just As I Am" lands at No. 2 with 211,000. The country singer's third studio album beats its predecessor, 2011's "Halfway to Heaven", which peaked at No. 4 with 51,000.
At No. 3, Michael Jackson's "Xscape" slips from last week's No. 2 with 67,000, while the "Frozen (2013)" soundtrack album manages to keep its position steady at No. 4 with 65,000. The Black Keys' "Turn Blue", which last week ruled the chart, plunges to No. 5 after selling additional 54,000.
The "Now 50" album falls from No. 3 to No. 6 with 51,000. Behind the compilation set, Phillip Phillips' second studio effort "Behind the Light" comes at No. 7 with 41,000 and the soundtrack of "The Fault in Our Stars" opens at No. 8 with 34,000.
Iggy Azalea's "The New Classic" jumps from No. 14 to No. 9 with 22,000. The album's latest single, Charli XCX-assisted "Fancy", has just landed at No. 1 on Billboard 100. Rascal Flatts closes out the top 10 as their "Rewind" slides from No. 5 with just under 22,000.
- "Ghost Stories" - Coldplay (383,000)
- "Just As I Am" - Brantley Gilbert (211,000)
- "Xscape" - Michael Jackson (67,000)
- "Frozen (2013)" Soundtrack - Various Artists (65,000)
- "Turn Blue" - The Black Keys (54,000)
- The "Now 50" Album - Various Artists (51,000)
- "Behind the Light" - Phillip Phillips (41,000)
- "The Fault in Our Stars" Soundtrack - Various Artists (34,000)
- "The New Classic" - Iggy Azalea (22,000)
- "Rewind" - Rascal Flatts (under 22,000)
More Coldplay News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group