Lucy Hale Opens Up About Her Insecurities in New Song 'Nervous Girls'
Lucy Hale is a few days away from releasing her debut album, "Road Between". To build the anticipation, the "Pretty Little Liars" actress dropped a new promo track called "Nervous Girls" on Tuesday, May 27.
The new song is a slow-tempo ballad in which the rising country star talks about a girl who looks perfect, but she actually has to deal with many issues just like everyone else. In a new interview with SheKnows, Hale revealed that the song was inspired by her personal experience.
"A lot of time, people judge a book by its cover, so someone who's in my position, they think, 'Oh, this is a girl who's kind of got everything figured out and who's living a life without any problems or issues,' and that couldn't be further from the truth," she said.
She added, "I think 'Nervous Girls' is one that speaks directly to my heart and will hopefully speak to other girls. It's kind of uniting in a way and should almost bring comfort to other people, because ultimately all of our issues kind of root from the same emotion."
"Road Between" is due out on June 3 via Hollywood Records. The record's lead single "You Sound Good to Me", released earlier this year, received mostly positive reviews from music critics.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip