Edgar Wright Tweets Response to 'Ant-Man' Debacle Before Swiftly Deleting It
Following Joss Whedon's and James Gunn's comments on his abrupt departure from "Ant-Man" after years of developing it, Edgar Wright took it to Twitter to break his silence. His response was not exactly put into words, but it's a black-and-white picture of Buster Keaton holding a Cornetto ice cream.
It seems that Wright likens his situation with Marvel to Keaton's fallout with MGM back in 1920s. Keaton, an actor and director, regretted his decision to leave independent film in favor of MGM, a booming studio at that time. In 1928, he called it "the worst mistake of my career."
The photoshopped picture of Cornetto itself is a close reference to the genre comedies starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost that Wright was famous for. Dubbed "The Cornetto Trilogy", it consists of "Shaun of the Dead" (2004), "Hot Fuzz" (2007), and "The World's End" (2013).
Wright also re-tweeted a picture of Whedon holding up a Cornetto ice cream cone with his head solemnly bowed. While the Keaton picture has since been deleted, the saluting photo from "The Avengers" director stayed.
"Ant-Man" is planned to make its way out in the United States on July 17, 2015. "The decision to move on is amicable," Marvel said of Wright's exit, "and does not impact the release date on July 17, 2015. A new director will be announced shortly." Wright who penned the film with Joe Cornish reportedly left because the result of a recent major script rewrite by the studio's in-house writing team was not up to his standard.
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser