Lana Del Rey Premieres New Track 'Shades of Cool'
Lana Del Rey has debuted a new track from her highly-anticipated album, "Ultraviolence". Titled "Shades of Cool", the song is another collaboration between the New York singer and Rick Nowels who produced her previous hit singles "Summertime Sadness" and "Young and Beautiful".
The '70s-inspired new song is a gloomy, jazz/waltz tune with James Bond-esque vibes. Del Rey sounds fragile as she sings the chorus, "But you are unfixable/ I can't break through your world/ 'Cause you live in shades of cool/ Your heart is unbreakable."
Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, "Ultraviolence" is scheduled to officially hit U.S. stores on June 17 via Interscope/Polydor. The album's lead single, "West Coast", peaked at No. 17 on Billboard 100 chart.
"Shades of Cool" arrived just days after Del Rey performed at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding dinner at the Palace of Versailles in France. The singer reportedly sang three songs including the bride's favorite, "Young and Beautiful", during the event which took place last Friday, May 23.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour