Lana Del Rey Premieres New Track 'Shades of Cool'
Lana Del Rey has debuted a new track from her highly-anticipated album, "Ultraviolence". Titled "Shades of Cool", the song is another collaboration between the New York singer and Rick Nowels who produced her previous hit singles "Summertime Sadness" and "Young and Beautiful".
The '70s-inspired new song is a gloomy, jazz/waltz tune with James Bond-esque vibes. Del Rey sounds fragile as she sings the chorus, "But you are unfixable/ I can't break through your world/ 'Cause you live in shades of cool/ Your heart is unbreakable."
Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, "Ultraviolence" is scheduled to officially hit U.S. stores on June 17 via Interscope/Polydor. The album's lead single, "West Coast", peaked at No. 17 on Billboard 100 chart.
"Shades of Cool" arrived just days after Del Rey performed at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding dinner at the Palace of Versailles in France. The singer reportedly sang three songs including the bride's favorite, "Young and Beautiful", during the event which took place last Friday, May 23.
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media