Lana Del Rey Premieres New Track 'Shades of Cool'
Lana Del Rey has debuted a new track from her highly-anticipated album, "Ultraviolence". Titled "Shades of Cool", the song is another collaboration between the New York singer and Rick Nowels who produced her previous hit singles "Summertime Sadness" and "Young and Beautiful".
The '70s-inspired new song is a gloomy, jazz/waltz tune with James Bond-esque vibes. Del Rey sounds fragile as she sings the chorus, "But you are unfixable/ I can't break through your world/ 'Cause you live in shades of cool/ Your heart is unbreakable."
Produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach, "Ultraviolence" is scheduled to officially hit U.S. stores on June 17 via Interscope/Polydor. The album's lead single, "West Coast", peaked at No. 17 on Billboard 100 chart.
"Shades of Cool" arrived just days after Del Rey performed at Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's wedding dinner at the Palace of Versailles in France. The singer reportedly sang three songs including the bride's favorite, "Young and Beautiful", during the event which took place last Friday, May 23.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'