Video: Valedictorian Cody Simpson Delivers High School Graduation Speech
Cody Simpson has graduated from high school with the highest GPA among his peers. The "Surfboard" singer took to Instagram on Friday, May 23, proudly telling his fans that he was named Valedictorian of his high school and sharing two clips of his graduation speech.
"Proud times! [I] graduated high school as Valedictorian of my class today. finished high school at home administered through this lovely school here in the South, proud to have received the highest GPA of the school amidst this hectic lifestyle of mine. Anything can be accomplished if you open your mind!" he captioned one post.
In the short clip, Simpson talked about finishing high school amidst his heavy workload. "Sort of something that I've learned, due to a lot of experiences of mine, is that it is possible to finish high school amidst having a very busy schedule and amidst working relentlessly towards chasing my wildest dreams," he said.
In his speech in front of his fellow high school seniors, uploaded in another post, the Australian-born singer shared some wise words. Pointing to his head, he explained, "It's what's in here that's going to get to the furthest, regardless of any kind of wealth or looks or material possessions or anything. It's always what's in here that's going to get you the furthest. Intelligence is the sexiest thing in the entire world."
Earlier this month, a representative for Simpson confirmed to E! News that he and girlfriend Gigi Hadid decided to split because of their busy schedule. "Their busy schedules and living on opposite coasts have made it nearly impossible for the two of them to give the relationship the attention that it needs," the rep stated.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?