Video: 'Duck Dinasty' Phil Robertson Makes Anti-Gay Statement Again
"Duck Dynasty" patriarch Phil Robertson has made anti-gay remarks again. The reality TV star talked about his controversial statement published in GQ last December, in which he likened homosexual behavior to bestiality, and spoke against media during an Easter sermon at Whites Ferry Road Church in his hometown of West Monroe, La.
"They were mad at me," he said. "You say, 'Why'd they get mad at you?' Cause, instead of acknowledging their sin, like you had better do, they railed against me for giving them the truth about their sins. Don't deceive yourselves."
"The news media didn't even know it was a verse! ... They thought I was just mouthing off. 'Is homosexual behavior a sin?' the [GQ interview] guy asked me. I said, 'Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Don't be deceived,' " he added.
"Neither the sexually immoral, nor the idolators, nor adulterers, nor male prostitutes, nor homosexual offenders, nor thieves, nor greedy, nor drunkards, nor slanderers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - I gave him the rest of the story," he continued, paraphrasing a verse from Corinthians. "I gave him the bad news, and then I gave him the good news."
Phil was briefly suspended from the show after making the remarks in GQ. The show's season 6 debuts on June 11.
- Lisa Marie Presley Splits From Michael Lockwood After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kylie Jenner Kisses Tyga in This Sexy Photobooth Pic
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors