Angelina Jolie: Hollywood Moms 'Shouldn't Complain'
Angelina Jolie talked about her life as a working mother in a new interview with New York Daily News. Acknowledging her much better position, Jolie said, "I'm not a single mom with two jobs trying to get by every week. I have much more support than most people, most women in this world. And I have the financial means to have a home and health care and food."
The actress/director and a mother of six thankfully is able to manage her time between doing her job and spending time with family. "When I feel I'm doing too much, I do less, if I can. And that's why I'm in a rare position where I don't have to do job after job. I can take time when my family needs it," she continued. "I can say I can only get into the (editing) room after the kids are in school, and I have to be back for dinner, and they're coming for lunch."
"I actually feel that women in my position, when we have all at our disposal to help us, shouldn't complain. Consider all the people who really struggle and don't have the financial means, don't have the support, and many people are single raising children. That's hard," she explained.
In a separate interview with "Good Morning America" on Wednesday, May 21, Jolie revealed that she and Brad Pitt had not set a wedding date yet. "We don't have a date, and we're not hiding anything, but we really don't know. We talk to the kids about it once in a while. ... And one of them suggested paintball. And we thought, 'Well, different,' " the "Maleficent" star said.
"So who knows. You know, I think the important thing is that whatever we do it's that the kids do have a great time, and we all - you know, take seriously the love, and the connection between all of us. But also just get silly and do something memorable," Jolie added.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'