Hilary Swank Dazzles in Silk Gown at Cannes Film Festival
Hilary Swank stunned photographers and other guests at Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 18. The two-time Oscar winner looked elegant in a bridal style Atelier Versace gown that flaunted her slim figure. She completed her look with simple accessories and let her wavy hair loose.
The 39-year-old was in France to promote her movie "The Homesman" which was screened at the Palais des Festivals. Her co-stars Tommy Lee Jones, Miranda Otto and Sonja Richter, actress Freida Pinto as well as models Suki Waterhouse and Adriana Lima were also in attendance.
"The Homesman" is a western drama film directed by Tommy Lee Jones based on a novel of same name by Glendon Swarthout. Set in Nebraska in 1854, it revolves around Mary Bee (Swank) who saves George Briggs (Jones) on her way to take three insane women from Nebraska to Iowa. In return for $300, Biggs agrees to escort them to their destination. Through snowstorms and perilous encounters with settlers and Indians, the two loners grow closer until Mary proposes marriage.
The movie has garnered rave reviews, with the Guardian tipping it for a prize at the festival. The Telegraph praised Swank and Jones' chemistry, saying, "Swank and Jones are a sensational pairing - this is Swank's meatiest role in a long time, and she plays it like she knows it - and their peculiar chemistry places the film at almost the precise mid-point between two more modern Westerns: the smoky whimsy of the Coen brothers' 'True Grit' and the tougher, drier 'Meek's Cutoff', from Kelly Reichardt."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen