Hilary Swank Dazzles in Silk Gown at Cannes Film Festival
Hilary Swank stunned photographers and other guests at Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 18. The two-time Oscar winner looked elegant in a bridal style Atelier Versace gown that flaunted her slim figure. She completed her look with simple accessories and let her wavy hair loose.
The 39-year-old was in France to promote her movie "The Homesman" which was screened at the Palais des Festivals. Her co-stars Tommy Lee Jones, Miranda Otto and Sonja Richter, actress Freida Pinto as well as models Suki Waterhouse and Adriana Lima were also in attendance.
"The Homesman" is a western drama film directed by Tommy Lee Jones based on a novel of same name by Glendon Swarthout. Set in Nebraska in 1854, it revolves around Mary Bee (Swank) who saves George Briggs (Jones) on her way to take three insane women from Nebraska to Iowa. In return for $300, Biggs agrees to escort them to their destination. Through snowstorms and perilous encounters with settlers and Indians, the two loners grow closer until Mary proposes marriage.
The movie has garnered rave reviews, with the Guardian tipping it for a prize at the festival. The Telegraph praised Swank and Jones' chemistry, saying, "Swank and Jones are a sensational pairing - this is Swank's meatiest role in a long time, and she plays it like she knows it - and their peculiar chemistry places the film at almost the precise mid-point between two more modern Westerns: the smoky whimsy of the Coen brothers' 'True Grit' and the tougher, drier 'Meek's Cutoff', from Kelly Reichardt."
- Miranda Lambert Already Plans to Get Married to Anderson East?
- New 'Max Steel' Trailer Highlights the Superhero's Origin
- Selena Gomez Reportedly Enters Rehab After Drug Abuse due to Christina Grimmie's Death
- Rick Ross Is Gearing Up for His Next Collab With Skrillex
- 'America's Got Talent' First Five Finalists of Season 21 Revealed
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'