'Expendables 3' Cast Members Ride Tanks to Cannes Film Festival
Sylvester Stallone and "The Expendables 3" castmates made a grand entrance at the Cannes Film Festival on Sunday, May 18. The group that included Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mel Gibson, Kellan Lutz, and Harrison Ford rolled into the Croisette in two tanks.
Sly brought his entourage to France to support the third installment of his action-packed film "The Expendables". Also coming for the promo tour were Jason Statham, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Kelsey Grammer, and Antonio Banderas among others.
A behind-the-scene video was shown at the event. It saw a truck plunging into a dock with Statham behind the wheel. While a boat explosion during "The Expendables 2" filming killed a stuntman in 2011, the recent truck mishap fortunately left Statham with no serious injuries.
"Everyone gets hurt," Stallone said as quoted by BBC News. "There's no getting around it. Everyone goes home bruised. You try to take precautions, but when you do hands-on action that's what you take pride in - actually talking the bumps and bruises." Statham added, "You do get hurt and things do go wrong. It's par for the course."
Lutz who is one of the new additions to the cast said joining the franchise was like "winning an action sweepstakes - running around shooting guns with all my favourite heroes." Director Patrick Hughes additionally gushed, "All these guys have worked on so many films. To have that wisdom on set was like [being in] film school all over again."
"The Expendables 3" is due August 15 this year.
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign