Kesha, Brad Paisley, Ludacris and Josh Groban Join ABC's 'Rising Star'
ABC's "Rising Star" team has been formed. The show enlists pop singer Kesha (formerly stylized as Ke$ha), country crooner Brad Paisley and hip-hop artist Ludacris as judges for its inaugurual edition, with singer-songwriter Josh Groban as the host.
The summer singing competition is based on the popular Israeli format. It will feature a contestant singing with a wall separating him/her from the audience. As the contestant sings, audience vote on the performance via a smartphone app. Photos of the viewers voting for him/her will be shown on a giant screen. If he/she reaches a certain level of votes, the wall will be lifted to reveal the singer to the audience.
"Rising Star" will debut Sunday, June 22 at 9 P.M. on ABC.
Kesha, who recently dropped $ from her name, is no stranger to unscripted TV world, having starred on MTV's documentary "Ke$ha: My Crazy Beautiful Life". Groban has had hosting experience, serving as guest a co-host several times on "Live!" with Kelly Ripa. Paisly has co-hosted CMA Awards with Carrie Underwood for six consecutive years, while Ludacris will host the 2014 Billboard Music Awards this Sunday, May 18.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?