Scotty McCreery Describes Recent Armed Robbery
Scotty McCreery was robbed at gunpoint when he was staying in a friend's place earlier this month. The winner of "American Idol" season 10 talked about the "scary" experience in an interview with Ryan Seacrest on Friday, May 17, saying that a man knocked their door when he and his friends were watching TV.
"We had gone out... it was, like, 1.30 in the morning... We were watching 'Gladiator' on TV and all of a sudden we heard a knock (at the door)," he recalled. "We didn't recognize them (men) so we didn't open it. And the second guy, (my friend) thought it was a neighbor. And it was only one person... no mask, no gun, no glove, didn't look suspicious. As soon as they opened the door, then four people barged in guns a-blazing."
"I thought, 'Whatever you want you take it.' I was on the ground, and he was holding the gun to our heads. I was staring down the barrel of a pistol," the "Feelin' It" singer continued.
The robbery took place on May 5, at a Raleigh, North Carolina residence. The singer and his friends were not injured following the invasion. However, the robbers took wallets, a laptop and a phone.
WRAL.com reported on May 7 that a man named Mikkail Jamal Shaw had surrendered himself to the police in connection to the case. He was charged with four counts of robbery with a dangerous weapon and one count of conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series