First Trailer for E!'s 'The Royals': Not a Normal Family
E! has offered a sneak peek at its first original scripted series "The Royals". Elizabeth Hurley, who stars as the matriarch of a British royal family, reminds someone in the trailer that they're "not a normal family." The video offers glimpses of a wild party and some members of the royal family getting drunk.
The show follows a modern-day royal family as they live life in the public eye. Hurley plays Queen Helena, described as a woman who has the power, beauty and intelligence to get what she wants. She's keen on controlling the public image of her famous family. King Simon (Vincent Regan) is the family's moral compass, but is quick to place his family over the people he rules over.
William Moseley plays Liam, the youngest son of the king and queen. He suddenly finds the spotlight on him when he becomes the heir apparent to the throne. Like any young man, Liam enjoys the perks of being a sought after eligible bachelor, but enters a relationship with a young American woman whose morals cause her to butt heads with the monarchy. Alexandra Park stars as Eleanor, the sole daughter in the royal family. She's constant tabloid fodder.
Production for the series is set to begin in June for a 2015 premiere.
- Taylor Swift's Squad Reportedly Abandons Her After Her 'Embarrassing Feuds and Breakups'
- Watch Britney Spears' Performance at Apple Music Festival in London
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Eliminates Second Pair of Season 23
- Miley Cyrus Disses Mariah Carey, Says 'I've Never Really Been a Fan'
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Reveals How 'Mary Poppins Returns' Connects to Original Movie
- FKA twigs Ditches Her Engagement Ring When Arriving at LAX With Robert Pattinson
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Aren't Speaking, but Not Breaking Up
- NBC's 'This Is Us' Is the First Freshman to Get Full Season Order