Glenn Close and John Lithgow to Star in Broadway Revival of 'A Delicate Balance'
Glenn Close and John Lithgow are set to share stage in a Broadway revival of Edward Albee's Pulitzer Prize winning drama, "A Delicate Balance". It will mark Close's comeback to the Great White Way after 20 years, while Lithgow already returned to the New York stage this summer with Shakespeare's "King Lear" in Central Park.
Close will play Agnes, and Lithgow is tapped to portray her husband. The stage production will see the unhappy couple trying to keep it together in the face of houseguests including their daughter (Martha Plimpton), Agnes' alcoholic sister (Lindsay Duncan), and two family friends (Bob Balaban, Clare Higgins).
The play was last seen on Broadway in 1996 during a revival at the Lincoln Center Theater and won three Tonys. For the new production, Pam MacKinnon who won a Tony last season for another revival of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" will serve as a director. Preview will begin October 20 before opening on November 20 at the Golden Theater. It's set to run for 18 weeks.
Close herself was last seen playing a major role on Broadway in 1994 for "Sunset Boulevard". She won three Tonys, one of which was for her role as Norma Desmond in "Boulevard". She moved to the big screen with her first feature film "The World According to Garp" in 1982. She continued to act in movies ever since, but managed to make a cameo as a "mystery guest star" in "The Play What I Wrote" around ten years ago.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child