Eminem, Lil B Make the Most Drug References in Hip-Hop Music
The lyrics of songs by Eminem and Lil B contain the most drug references in hip-hop. According to a recent survey by Project Know, Em's tracks have the highest number of references to prescription drugs.
Lil B, meanwhile, makes the most references to cocaine and MDMA. The survey also shows that Three 6 Mafia cites marijuana more often than any other acts. Also ranking high are Death Grips and Ice-T (cocaine), Lil Wayne and Lupe Fiasco (MDMA) and Afroman and The Roots (weeds).
Project Know, a U.S.-based drugs advisory and education organization, used lyrics database RapGenius to filter the artists' lyrics for mentions of drugs.
"Drug mentions in Rap lyrics have been enormous in quantity and explicit in quality since the genre's earliest days," the organization has said. "From sale to use and even overdose, Rap verses reflect the history of drug culture."
"But how has the relationship between drugs and hip-hop changed over the years? Are today's emcees still rhyming about the same substances as popularized in the 1980s? Which drugs have faded like fads, and which continue to bounce with the bass of every generation?" they added.
More Eminem News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special