Eminem, Lil B Make the Most Drug References in Hip-Hop Music
The lyrics of songs by Eminem and Lil B contain the most drug references in hip-hop. According to a recent survey by Project Know, Em's tracks have the highest number of references to prescription drugs.
Lil B, meanwhile, makes the most references to cocaine and MDMA. The survey also shows that Three 6 Mafia cites marijuana more often than any other acts. Also ranking high are Death Grips and Ice-T (cocaine), Lil Wayne and Lupe Fiasco (MDMA) and Afroman and The Roots (weeds).
Project Know, a U.S.-based drugs advisory and education organization, used lyrics database RapGenius to filter the artists' lyrics for mentions of drugs.
"Drug mentions in Rap lyrics have been enormous in quantity and explicit in quality since the genre's earliest days," the organization has said. "From sale to use and even overdose, Rap verses reflect the history of drug culture."
"But how has the relationship between drugs and hip-hop changed over the years? Are today's emcees still rhyming about the same substances as popularized in the 1980s? Which drugs have faded like fads, and which continue to bounce with the bass of every generation?" they added.
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance
- John Boyega Shares Final 'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Set Photo as Filming Wraps
- Braless Gigi Hadid Flaunts Nipples and Major Underboob in Ripped Crop Top - See the Steamy Pic
- Emmy Rossum's House Was Burglarized, $150,000 Worth of Jewelry Were Stolen
- 'DWTS': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Gets Surgery After Calf Injury, He Won't Be in Next Week's Episode
- Bootylicious! Kristin Cavallari Shares NSFW Instagram Pic of Husband Jay Cutler