James Franco Slams 'Spring Breakers' Sequel Plan
James Franco is against "Spring Breakers" sequel plan. The actor who plays a rapper/gangster named Alien in the first movie posts an Instagram video to slam the second installment called "Spring Breakers: The Second Coming".
Franco seemed open to the idea of making a sequel in a previous interview, but now he apparently has a change of heart. He captioned, "ALIEN IN REHAB! And BTW F*** that SBers 2 BS, they're doing it without HARMONY's CONSENT. Sounds LAME AS A MUTHA!"
The short video shows the "Palo Alto" actor in bed eating a rice cake with his eyes closed. "This is James feeling sick because he smoked too much dope in the club. His tummy is a bit sensitive," a voice says in the background.
Harmony Korine is the director and the writer of the original movie starring Ashley Benson, Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, and Rachel Korine. The second film will now be helmed by Jonas Akerlund using a script by "Trainspotting" author Irvine Welsh.
It will not be a direct sequel to the first film. It will follow an extreme militant Christian group that tries to convert vacationing co-eds. The original girls may not appear significantly in the sequel, but references to their characters from the first movie will be made.
In an interview with MTV, Franco once said of a prequel idea, "When we were making the movie, there was talk of a prequel. My character and Gucci Mane's character were supposed to have been former friends, so we at one time talked about, 'What was that like? Let's make that movie!' So there's that. There's a prequel version, or there's the version of Alien's friend or something. I don't know."
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular