Sigourney Weaver Confirms Return to All 'Avatar' Sequels, Teases 'Transformative' Role
Sigourney Weaver was confirmed to return for "Avatar" sequel by James Cameron in 2011, although her character was dying in the first film. Now, the actress reveals she is not just returning for "Avatar 2" but also for "Avatar 3" and "Avatar 4".
"It's going to be an adventure!" she told NY Mag's Vulture. "It will be awesome. I can't even imagine what I am taking on - and what James Cameron is taking on - with filming three Avatars at once, but ... Peter Jackson did it with the Hobbit films, so we have that to look to."
Of how she would be brought back to the franchise despite the impending death of her role, Dr. Grace Augustine, she teased, "It will be challenging for me. I can't talk about it, but my part is a little different in each one. I'll transform somewhat. We'll have to talk again when I survive this. For now, I'm going to skittle around and enjoy this leisure time."
"Avatar 2" is due December 2016, "Avatar 3" is scheduled for December 2017, and "Avatar 4" is planned for 2018. The scripts for the three films are almost done. Sam Worthington and Zoe Saldana are signed on to reprise their roles as Jake Sully and Princess Neytiri respectively, while Stephen Lang will return as Colonel Quaritch.
More Avatar 2 News
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018