NBC Cancels Three More Dramas, Picks Up Three New Comedies
NBC announced a slew of other series that had met their ax. Beside the previously announced "Community", the Peacock has put an end to freshmen "Believe", "Growing Up Fisher" and "Crisis" as well as drama "Revolution".
After two seasons of mediocre rating and despite a slight up bump in important key demo early in the second season, "Revolution" failed to retained the glory it used to have during the premiere. The JJ Abrams-produced series lost its "The Voice" lead-in in the sophomore year which contributed to further decline in rating.
"Believe", which is also produced through Abrams' Bad Robot banner, is the third cancellation for the producer this month. Last week, FOX announced that it decided not to renew "Almost Human" after one season. Bad Robot still has "Person of Interest" which has been greenlit by CBS for season 4 in March.
"Believe" actually had all the potential and buzz it needed because it was a collaboration between Abrams and Alfonso Cuaron who recently won an Oscar for directing "Gravity". Somehow, the drama did not have strong followers, just like fellow newbie "Crisis". NBC pulled both underperforming dramas out of its schedule and replaced them with a "Saturday Night Live" clip show.
Meanwhile, "Growing Up Fisher" was a comedy that raked in 8.9 million viewers in its premiere. The midseason-entry had a steady decline in rating that did not match its lead-in, "About a Boy". But it has been a rough time for comedy on NBC. The network canceled six comedy series and renewed only two, "Parks and Recreation" and "About a Boy".
Among the new series that NBC has ordered for its 2014-2015 slate are dramas "Constantine", "Odyssey", "The Mysteries of Laura" and "Allegiance" as well as comedies "One Big Happy", "Mission Control" and "Bad Judge".
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too