Chris Hemsworth Offered Lead Role in 'Lethal Weapon' Remake
Chris Hemsworth is allegedly courted to star in Warner Bros.' remake of classic buddy cop actioner "Lethal Weapon". The Tracking Board learns that the James Hunt depicter in "Rush" is offered a key role in the upcoming project.
The original film followed a mismatched pair of L.A.P.D. detectives played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, while the revamped version is expected to focus on the desires of an older cop's (possibly Rigg's) son and his wishes to join the police force.
By putting the focus on a younger generation of the cops, it certainly gives a room for the original cast to make a cameo if they are up for it. Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") pens the script, with the original screenwriter Shane Black reportedly having input into it.
Justin Lin who is currently attached to "Bourne 5" is expected to sit behind the lens for this remake. No release date has been announced.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics