Chris Hemsworth Offered Lead Role in 'Lethal Weapon' Remake
Chris Hemsworth is allegedly courted to star in Warner Bros.' remake of classic buddy cop actioner "Lethal Weapon". The Tracking Board learns that the James Hunt depicter in "Rush" is offered a key role in the upcoming project.
The original film followed a mismatched pair of L.A.P.D. detectives played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, while the revamped version is expected to focus on the desires of an older cop's (possibly Rigg's) son and his wishes to join the police force.
By putting the focus on a younger generation of the cops, it certainly gives a room for the original cast to make a cameo if they are up for it. Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") pens the script, with the original screenwriter Shane Black reportedly having input into it.
Justin Lin who is currently attached to "Bourne 5" is expected to sit behind the lens for this remake. No release date has been announced.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked