Chris Hemsworth Offered Lead Role in 'Lethal Weapon' Remake
Chris Hemsworth is allegedly courted to star in Warner Bros.' remake of classic buddy cop actioner "Lethal Weapon". The Tracking Board learns that the James Hunt depicter in "Rush" is offered a key role in the upcoming project.
The original film followed a mismatched pair of L.A.P.D. detectives played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, while the revamped version is expected to focus on the desires of an older cop's (possibly Rigg's) son and his wishes to join the police force.
By putting the focus on a younger generation of the cops, it certainly gives a room for the original cast to make a cameo if they are up for it. Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") pens the script, with the original screenwriter Shane Black reportedly having input into it.
Justin Lin who is currently attached to "Bourne 5" is expected to sit behind the lens for this remake. No release date has been announced.
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth