Chris Hemsworth Offered Lead Role in 'Lethal Weapon' Remake
Chris Hemsworth is allegedly courted to star in Warner Bros.' remake of classic buddy cop actioner "Lethal Weapon". The Tracking Board learns that the James Hunt depicter in "Rush" is offered a key role in the upcoming project.
The original film followed a mismatched pair of L.A.P.D. detectives played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, while the revamped version is expected to focus on the desires of an older cop's (possibly Rigg's) son and his wishes to join the police force.
By putting the focus on a younger generation of the cops, it certainly gives a room for the original cast to make a cameo if they are up for it. Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") pens the script, with the original screenwriter Shane Black reportedly having input into it.
Justin Lin who is currently attached to "Bourne 5" is expected to sit behind the lens for this remake. No release date has been announced.
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations