Chris Hemsworth Offered Lead Role in 'Lethal Weapon' Remake
Chris Hemsworth is allegedly courted to star in Warner Bros.' remake of classic buddy cop actioner "Lethal Weapon". The Tracking Board learns that the James Hunt depicter in "Rush" is offered a key role in the upcoming project.
The original film followed a mismatched pair of L.A.P.D. detectives played by Mel Gibson and Danny Glover, while the revamped version is expected to focus on the desires of an older cop's (possibly Rigg's) son and his wishes to join the police force.
By putting the focus on a younger generation of the cops, it certainly gives a room for the original cast to make a cameo if they are up for it. Will Beall ("Gangster Squad") pens the script, with the original screenwriter Shane Black reportedly having input into it.
Justin Lin who is currently attached to "Bourne 5" is expected to sit behind the lens for this remake. No release date has been announced.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes