Video: Morrissey Cuts Short Concert After Being Attacked by Unruly Fans
Morrissey abruptly ended his concert at San Jose's City National Civic on Wednesday, May 7 after several fans invaded the stage and knocked him down. The incident was filmed by a concertgoer who later uploaded it on YouTube.
In the clip, Morrissey is seen performing a track called "One Day, Goodbye Will Be Farewel" with his band while numerous fans rush to stage to give him a hug before several security guards try to get rid of them. At first, he obliges them and keeps singing.
As the video unfolds, more people invade the stage and one over-excited fan knocks Morrissey to the ground, prompting the 54-year-old entertainer to bring the concert to an end. He leaves the stage and his band stops playing the music.
The Wednesday concert marked the first show of Morrissey's U.S. tour. In addition to touring, the singer is currently busy putting the final touches on his new album, "World Peace Is None of Your Business". the record is scheduled to be released in July.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger