'The Voice' Top 8 Perform: Josh Kaufman Sings Perfectly, Kat Perkins Looks for 'Breakout Moment'
With only a few weeks away left in the competition, the remaining singers on "The Voice" season 6 were trying to win the hearts of more viewers. That's why Kat Perkins of Team Adam Levine hoped to have a "a breakout moment" on Monday night, May 5 with her version of Daft Punk's "Get Lucky".
Putting a rock touch on it, Kat made the song her own. Her coach liked that she thought outside the box, exclaiming, "Bottom three, my a**!" as she landed in the bottom three last week. Shakira also praised her for staying true to herself.
The second singer of Team Adam, Delvin Choice, showed his sensitive side with a rendition of R. Kelly's "I Believe I Can Fly". Adam and Usher praised his song choice, while Blake Shelton said it was as good as it got.
Christina Grimmie was up to her coach Adam's challenge to do another rap song, going with Lil Wayne's "How to Love". Blake dubbed her a superstar as Shakira commended her for hitting all the high notes.
The first performer of Team Blake was Sisaundra Lewis. She opted for Tina Turner's "River Deep, Mountain High" which showed off her powerful vocal. She performed it for her mom who came to watch her sing outside the church for the first time.
Audra McLaughlin stayed true to her country root with Rebecca Lynn Howard's "Forgive". Shakira said Audra's voice was unstoppable, while coach Blake was optimist about Audra's future on the show.
Jake Worthington was a bit under the weather, but managed to properly cover Brooks & Dunn's "Hillybilly Deluxe". Shakira commented, "Your performance was very frontal and very aggressive, and I've never seen that Jake before...you performed with the right attitude."
Kristen Merlin, the only remaining singer of Team Shakira, delivered an emotional performance of Lee Brice's "I Drive Your Truck". Shakira said she was almost in tears, gushing, "Every single cell in my body felt what that song was about." Usher, meanwhile, joked, "Adam loves you so much, he copied your hairstyle!" referring to Adam's new blonde do.
Josh Kaufman of Team Usher made audience love him even more with Bon Iver's "I Can't Make You Love Me". Blake said it was "as perfect of a performance as I've seen on the show."
Pharrell Williams and Gwen Stefani, who will join the show as coaches in next cycle, performed on Monday night. On Tuesday, three singers will be eliminated.
More The Voice News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!