Ariel Winter's Sister Granted Guardianship of the Actress
Ariel Winter's latest family dispute ended in the actress' big sister being awarded the guardianship of her. A court session was held in Los Angeles on Monday, May 5 to determine who should care for the 16-year-old "Modern Family" actress.
Ariel's sister Shanelle Gray filed a petition back in 2012 to become her permanent guardian, alleging their mother Chrisoula Workman subjected Ariel to emotional abuse. The older sister additionally claimed that Ariel's father Glenn Workman was incapable of properly taking care of her. The actress' older brother, Jimmy Workman, also filed documents last August to have the court remove Winter from Shanelle's care and grant custody to him instead.
Ariel attended the guardianship trial on Monday in which it was determined that she would continue living with Shanelle while she would decide whether to visit her mother. Meanwhile, Glenn was made in charge of Ariel's financial until she turns 18 in January 2016.
TMZ reported that Chrisoula played a video montage of family photos during the court session in attempt to change Ariel's mind. The family reportedly shed tears upon watching the video but Ariel was not moved to change her decision.
More Ariel Winter News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked