Ariel Winter's Sister Granted Guardianship of the Actress
Ariel Winter's latest family dispute ended in the actress' big sister being awarded the guardianship of her. A court session was held in Los Angeles on Monday, May 5 to determine who should care for the 16-year-old "Modern Family" actress.
Ariel's sister Shanelle Gray filed a petition back in 2012 to become her permanent guardian, alleging their mother Chrisoula Workman subjected Ariel to emotional abuse. The older sister additionally claimed that Ariel's father Glenn Workman was incapable of properly taking care of her. The actress' older brother, Jimmy Workman, also filed documents last August to have the court remove Winter from Shanelle's care and grant custody to him instead.
Ariel attended the guardianship trial on Monday in which it was determined that she would continue living with Shanelle while she would decide whether to visit her mother. Meanwhile, Glenn was made in charge of Ariel's financial until she turns 18 in January 2016.
TMZ reported that Chrisoula played a video montage of family photos during the court session in attempt to change Ariel's mind. The family reportedly shed tears upon watching the video but Ariel was not moved to change her decision.
More Ariel Winter News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie