Ariel Winter's Sister Granted Guardianship of the Actress
Ariel Winter's latest family dispute ended in the actress' big sister being awarded the guardianship of her. A court session was held in Los Angeles on Monday, May 5 to determine who should care for the 16-year-old "Modern Family" actress.
Ariel's sister Shanelle Gray filed a petition back in 2012 to become her permanent guardian, alleging their mother Chrisoula Workman subjected Ariel to emotional abuse. The older sister additionally claimed that Ariel's father Glenn Workman was incapable of properly taking care of her. The actress' older brother, Jimmy Workman, also filed documents last August to have the court remove Winter from Shanelle's care and grant custody to him instead.
Ariel attended the guardianship trial on Monday in which it was determined that she would continue living with Shanelle while she would decide whether to visit her mother. Meanwhile, Glenn was made in charge of Ariel's financial until she turns 18 in January 2016.
TMZ reported that Chrisoula played a video montage of family photos during the court session in attempt to change Ariel's mind. The family reportedly shed tears upon watching the video but Ariel was not moved to change her decision.
More Ariel Winter News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split