Ariel Winter's Sister Granted Guardianship of the Actress
Ariel Winter's latest family dispute ended in the actress' big sister being awarded the guardianship of her. A court session was held in Los Angeles on Monday, May 5 to determine who should care for the 16-year-old "Modern Family" actress.
Ariel's sister Shanelle Gray filed a petition back in 2012 to become her permanent guardian, alleging their mother Chrisoula Workman subjected Ariel to emotional abuse. The older sister additionally claimed that Ariel's father Glenn Workman was incapable of properly taking care of her. The actress' older brother, Jimmy Workman, also filed documents last August to have the court remove Winter from Shanelle's care and grant custody to him instead.
Ariel attended the guardianship trial on Monday in which it was determined that she would continue living with Shanelle while she would decide whether to visit her mother. Meanwhile, Glenn was made in charge of Ariel's financial until she turns 18 in January 2016.
TMZ reported that Chrisoula played a video montage of family photos during the court session in attempt to change Ariel's mind. The family reportedly shed tears upon watching the video but Ariel was not moved to change her decision.
More Ariel Winter News
- Jennifer Aniston Bares Her Boobs While Sunbathing in Italy
- A Version of Britney Spears' 'Make Me' Without G-Eazy Surfaces Online
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6